Just got my brand new Hobie Pro Angler!!!!

justwannafish

So I just bought the kayak of my dreams last week and took it to Fish Lake just north of Bracebridge from some quiet bass fishing. Oh man!! I was out for ten hours on the first session!!! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this thing is. If you haven't heard of it, you need to look it up. HobieCat.com and then look up the Fishing kayaks. Unbelieveable!!

Hobie.jpg

Anyway, now that I can finally get ON the water I'm wonderin if anyone has some insight as to where to launch. I'm thinkin of goin to the Grand this weekend. Or maybe the Credit or Bronte. I haven't really done any serious fishing in any of those places so if you've got some tips on those or any others I'd love to hear them!

And again, PLEASE, go check out the Pro Angler if you're one for getting out by yourself and away from it all! Definitely my new favourite toy!

Look forward to hearin back!

Later!!

Guest Rapala Boy

Very nice and stealthy looking....I have a 2009 Ocean Kayak Trident 15 and absolutely love it. Don't be afraid to go on Lake Ontario with a downrigger on that thing. Kayaks....going places shore fishermen and big boats can only dream of.....PEACEOUT!

Justwannafish that is a sweet yak. I have been humming about a fishing kayak for awhile now and I think I just found it. I checked out the site and there is a dealer 50 miles from me. The Hank Parker video is good too. What are they retailing for if you don't mind me asking. With so many lakes in Renfrew County and alot that are just to hard to get even a small tinny into this is the answer. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Fish fishburn,

Retail was $2695 on sale for $2395

Then I bought roof racks and locks and the cart for the kayak (all for which I received 15% off at Swift Canoe and Kayak in Gravenhurst). So after all was said and done it was about $3300.

Best money I have ever spent!

Every weekend is like a small vacation now. Love it!!!!

Cudz, it weighs about 140-190lbs depending on what you have it loaded with and yes it's wider and exceptionally stable. When I'm not trolling with it (another amazing capability) I'm casting standing up without even thinking twice!

And, again, if anyone has some advice on where to launch around here (Hamilton area) it wouldne great to hear about it!

Thanks guys!

P.s. There is still one left where I got mine! If you get the chance, go check it out!

Guest Rapala Boy

Fish fishburn,

it weighs about 140-190lbs

(spits out drink) Thats almost 3x heavier than mine, but if you standing in it then it's an excellent kayak.

Sounds good Pike!

One seated though sorry! Hahah

F is H,

Yeah it's their patented mirage drive system. And you can move at a pretty astonishing clip if you're goin full out.

But just for trolling it doesn't even feel like you're pushing! Very efficient system.

And because nothing rotates but instead is moved back and forth there is no jamming or tangling at all.

Check out their website for videos of it working and more info

Pretty amazing!

It's very very well designed

That looks like a very versatile craft. No wonder you're enjoying it so much!

Curious if you hit Hammy Harbour with it yet. I've always exploring the harbour for bass would be pretty adventageous in a craft like yours.

Do you fish the whole harbour? I'm not sure where to start. Or where the fish are really. Do you go west of Dundurn and Princess Point area in the at little bay like thing? Or do you mostly stay east of that in the Bayfront park sort of area?

Also, what are you using mostly? I've been gettin some good success on soft plastics and spinners up north but not sure what to cast here. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hope to see you out this weekend!

Rapalaboy the dry weight is 88lbs and fully loaded is 138. It will carry 600 lbs max.

Yeah definitely had my numbers wrong there! Hahah

What's fifty pounds anyway! Whoops!!

I'll post some pics when I get back from the Harbour this weekend. Hopefully they'll have fish in them!

This is the view from the driver's seat.

It's all you could ever ask for and then some.

I'll put some more detailed ones up once I get it out again.

Needless to say I was just a little too preoccupied when I had it out the first time!!

Stay tuned!

Cockpit.jpg

:worthy: Im jealous, I am ready to buy a fishing kayak but my budget is around 1200 mark. That thing is a machine. I fish the Grand often, PM me with anything you need to know. As soon as I get mine I will send you a message as I wouldnt mind having a partner for the Grand or anywhere else to do some yak fishing! Cheers

Do you fish the whole harbour? I'm not sure where to start. Or where the fish are really. Do you go west of Dundurn and Princess Point area in the at little bay like thing? Or do you mostly stay east of that in the Bayfront park sort of area?

Also, what are you using mostly? I've been gettin some good success on soft plastics and spinners up north but not sure what to cast here. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hope to see you out this weekend!

I primarly fish that long bay where the boat launch is. As summer draws on the weeds get up and it difficult to really work from shore. Plastics rigged weedless is what I use alot.

I always thought those islands along the walking path by the railway tracks would be a good area to work, too.

Maybe some of the guys who fish the harbour in their boats could chime in here, cuz I'm not very familiar with the rest of the harbour area.