SLAMMER-tastic couple of days! Aug 11-13/2010

diggyj

Headed up to the cottage on Wed afternoon and I was looking to get some fishing in as the weather was looking much better then the previous weekend. I started out on Wed night with SLAMMERS off the dock and the action was quite slow but then it turned on all of a sudden for a while and I was able to land a total of 3 walleyes. Here are a couple of the better ones. Once again all under the slot except one of them.

dsc03555e.jpg

dsc03553j.jpg

After the bite went cold, I decided to put on a black Jitterbug as the water was quite calm. I had a few attempted splashes and bites but was only able to hookup with one of them.

dsc03561a.jpg

Thursday morning before heading out in the boat I was able to catch one off the dock on a SLAMMER. It was chewed up on the head from either an attempted attack or disease of some sort.

dsc03584r.jpg

dsc03586d.jpg

I then headed out in the boat with one of the kids and the bite was pretty good. Was landing small ones of all kinds, all on SLAMMERS. I was able to catch and land one decent one and actually lost 2 much bigger HAWGS boatside due to inept netting and landind skills.

dsc03632t.jpg

That was it for Thursday. Didn't try at night as I was knackered.

Friday morning I once again took numerous casts off the dock and I was able to land a few small ones.

dsc03622.jpg

dsc03588h.jpg

Headed out in the boat for a few hours and once again the SLAMMER bite was hot. Managed 3 keepers, 2 of which were decent but the disappointing part was that I once again lost a bigger fish right at the net yet again. I may just start landing theses by the lip instead of trying to hold a rod and a net. Yes I suck.

dsc03700n.jpg

dsc03696h.jpg

dsc03728ap.jpg

After some down time, I took some more casts from the dock and I landed another decent Smallie on yet another SLAMMER.

dsc03724.jpg

One thing I can say with confidence again is that SLAMMERS work like no other bait. Yes the were slow last week when the cold front went through but with some patience, these baits not only put fish in the boat but big or bigger then average fish.

All of these fish, except the ones caught from the dock were caught in my two favourite stretchs in 10-12 FOW just outside of a well defined weedline. SLAMMER colour of choice was either 210 or 213.

Dirk

So what did they give you? The t-shirt and a few free baits? Where are the bigger than average fish? Is that the only bait you used all week end?

Are you using a different camera now? Your pictures do not boast the type of camera that they use to.

So what did they give you? The t-shirt and a few free baits? Where are the bigger than average fish? Is that the only bait you used all week end?

Are you using a different camera

now? Your pictures do not boast the type of camera that they use to.

It's retarded comments like yours which reminded my why I no longer put up as many posts as in the past.

Just got back from the cottage up in Parry Sound area and you are correct. 70% of my fish came on slammers. 20% on tubes and 10% on wakebaits and another 10% on worm harness. Do the calculations. When I fish I give 110% all the time. lol.

I do love the slammers. My new favourite bait these days. Mark has developed an awesome bait and if you fish for smallies, you need to get some. No question about it. Now I need to figure out how to stop the little fish biting off the bait's tail.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice! I actually picked up some Slammers after reading your previous post. I even caught my first fish on it too....a smallie.

Good! Your gonna give me one to try!!!!

In October(when my cast comes off) I'm going to be drop shotting them in deep water!

I've heard nothing but good things about slammers!

Diggy?You let a few negative remarks stop you from contributing to the board? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your next SLAMMER report!lol

Good! Your gonna give me one to try!!!!

In October(when my cast comes off) I'm going to be drop shotting them in deep water!

Sure thing man. I tried them up on G___ lake. We caught a bunch of smallies in that spot we fished before. Mostly on tubes. Also caught a nice largie on a jig and pig. Flipped it to a fresh laydown and bam!

Edited by cpguy29

Are you using a different camera now? Your pictures do not boast the type of camera that they use to.

Would it have been okay if he was using Rapalas while wearing a Rapala shirt, just curious. whistling.gif

The way it's been going for me these days Diggyj, I'd be happy catching anyone of those fish. ;)

Looks like some awesome fishing dirk!

I too lost a big smallie yesterday, but I think I lost it because I didn't have a net! Lol. They always seem to know to run the second you try to put your hand at their mouth.

Diggy, great report. As for the negative comments, take em with a grain of salt. I fish smallies alot on the Ottawa and would love to get my hands on some Slammers to give em a try. What is the name of the company, and where can I purchase some of these? I look for them in every tackle shop I go to in my neck of the woods and have never seen them.

Diggy, great report. As for the negative comments, take em with a grain of salt. I fish smallies alot on the Ottawa and would love to get my hands on some Slammers to give em a try. What is the name of the company, and where can I purchase some of these? I look for them in every tackle shop I go to in my neck of the woods and have never seen them.

You can buy them here:

ANGLING OUTFITTERS

684460 Road 68,

Zorra Township Hwy2 W

Woodstock, Ontario

N4S 7W8, Canada

519-539-5494

AV FISHING TACKLE

4830 Sheppard Ave. Unit 3

Scarborough, Ontario

M1S 5M9, Canada

416-293-8229

FISHING FANATICS

464 Albert Street

Waterloo, Ontario

N2L 3V4, Canada

[email protected]

519-885-2220

FISHING WORLD

2411 Barton street East

Hamilton, Ontario

L8E 2W9, Canada

905-573-2288

www.fishingworld.on.ca

GAGNON SPORTS

385 Bloor Street West

Oshawa Ontario

L1J 5Y5, Canada

905-725-5798

http://www.gagnonsports.com

Hirk's

1561 King Street

Courtice, ON

L1E 2G5, Canada

JB'S FISHING DEPOT

24 Ronson Drie Unit 6

Rexdale, Ontario

M9V 1B4, Canada

416-614-7222

Kawartha Lakes Outdoors

80 Bolton Street

Bobcageon, ON

K0M 1A0, Canada

Lambeth Rod and Tackle

2404 Main St P.O. Box 1166

London, ON

N6P 1R2, Canada

PADDLETALES

510 ST. Lawrence Street

Winchester, Ontario

K0C 2K0, Canada

http://www.paddletales.com

Pro J Fishing Tackle

3467 Sheppard Ave. East

Toronto, ON

M1T 3K5, Canada

RAINBOW SPORTS LTD.

10 Wyman Rd., Unit 4

Waterloo, ON

N2V 1K7, Canada

519-746-2650

1-888-746-2650

[email protected]

www.rainbowsports.ca

Simcoe Bait & Tackle

250 Innisfil Street unit #3

Barrie, ON

L4N 4K4, Canada

diggyj,

Have you tried / marketed SLAMMERS up North at all? There is some excellent SMB and LMB in the North Bay area and Nipissing is an excellent smallie lake?

Can I get my hands on a few so I can try them here? I could show them to a few local bait shops with contact info.

diggyj,

Have you tried / marketed SLAMMERS up North at all? There is some excellent SMB and LMB in the North Bay area and Nipissing is an excellent smallie lake?

Can I get my hands on a few so I can try them here? I could show them to a few local bait shops with contact info.

diggyj doesn't work for the company as far as I know. Mark Kulik designed and makes these baits. Mark is a really solid bass tourney guy and guide.

Simcoe Bait and Tackle is now called Rack and Reel. It is still in the same location in Barrie and I just bought 2 packs of slammers there yesterday.