Big Bucket!

Took my friend Jay and his brother Ryan ( great name by the way ) out to my local lake... The plan was to guide them into some good fish but I didn't plan to get destroyed! The day started off hot with this BRUTE on a topwater frog. Ryan's personal best - and by far the best fish of the day! Any guesses on weight? I'm thinking it was pushing 24 inches long but he's going to measure his rod and get back to me...

Normal Hold...

DSCF5197_2.jpg

And here's a hold for Fishing 24/7! :thumbsup_anim:

DSCF5200_2.jpg

Oh yeah... he caught it from the dock... before we even got the boat in the water! :clapping:

DSCF5198_2.jpg

The release...

DSCF5201_2.jpg

So we hit the lake and enjoyed a nice flat morning on the water...

DSCF5204.jpg

We might as well have left right after that because everything else pretty much went downhill from there..

I couldn't buy a decent bite today but managed a whole pile of these little guys... Notice the less than impressed look on my face... :lol:

DSCF5206.jpg

DSCF5208.jpg

How sexy lookin' is that stump?

DSCF5207.jpg

Can't do a report without a pic of the worlds greatest sportfish..

DSCF5210.jpg

And then Ryan show's me up once again with this decent fish...

DSCF5209_2.jpg

Jay's still working hard for his first bite of the day.... :blink:

DSCF5203_2.jpg

And finally - persistance pays off and Jay bags his only fish of the morning! :lol: Same baits, same spots and just can't buy a bite sometimes...

DSCF5211_2.jpg

And here's a first for me at the reservoir!

DSCF5212.jpg

A great couple of hours on the water with buddies... doesn't get any better than that.

Cheers,

Ryan

hey buddy if that fish was out of Erie it would be over 6lbs but being from the "pond" I would have to say 5.5lbs give or take for some reason they weigh light out of DC my 6.69lber looked like a 10 but she was long and thin I thought I had a ontario record when I saw it jump .congrats to your buddy Ryan on a new PB it's were my PB bucket came from aswell also my 2nd,3rd,and 4th largest LMB came out of there LOL

s535403335_108014_2363.jpg

thats the 6.69lber long and skinny bad pic but I can't find the origanal .

hey buddy if that fish was out of Erie it would be over 6lbs but being from the "pond" I would have to say 5.5lbs give or take for some reason they weigh light out of DC my 6.69lber looked like a 10 but she was long and thin I thought I had a ontario record when I saw it jump .congrats to your buddy Ryan on a new PB it's were my PB bucket came from aswell also my 2nd,3rd,and 4th largest LMB came out of there LOL

s535403335_108014_2363.jpg

thats the 6.69lber long and skinny bad pic but I can't find the origanal .

Lots of people caught their personal best largies in that lake! I've got to get me a good scale! How'd you make out the other day when you went?

great day out for sure and ya can not beat that stat to the day congrats Ryan

Thanks dude! Any day on the water is worth while!

SIMPLY AWESOME FISH!!

It'd be a heck of a lot more awesome if I made that cast tj! Haha

Ohhh! That is a big fish. Very clean too. I think it weighs about, big.

They're always clean looking fish out of that lake cudz! The problem is it's a small body of water and I often see people keeping fish that size! Once they get to be a pound or so they're at the top of the food chain... Except for bigger bass there's nothing to keep the population in check which results in a wack load of small fish and a handfull of pigs like that. Not a ton of 2 to 3 pounders. I wish they would have stocked it with smallies to! Average depth on the main body is 30 to 40 feet.

Nice green bass, sweet

Thanks dude.

That thar bass looks like a trout eater

They just stocked the lake with fresh rainbows (aka bass food) a couple weeks back! Haha I'm sure those big guys eat their fare share of those farm raised bows! I can't wait for late season browns myself!

Lots of people caught their personal best largies in that lake! I've got to get me a good scale! How'd you make out the other day when you went?

Thanks dude! Any day on the water is worth while!

It'd be a heck of a lot more awesome if I made that cast tj! Haha

They're always clean looking fish out of that lake cudz! The problem is it's a small body of water and I often see people keeping fish that size! Once they get to be a pound or so they're at the top of the food chain... Except for bigger bass there's nothing to keep the population in check which results in a wack load of small fish and a handfull of pigs like that. Not a ton of 2 to 3 pounders. I wish they would have stocked it with smallies to! Average depth on the main body is 30 to 40 feet.

Thanks dude.

They just stocked the lake with fresh rainbows (aka bass food) a couple weeks back! Haha I'm sure those big guys eat their fare share of those farm raised bows! I can't wait for late season browns myself!

Yeah prolly lots have nailed there PB in there. I got a 3.5-4lber and a tonne of 1-1.5lb largeies couple big rockers and a bad case of bass thumb.

Big fish look big without the long arm pose. It's kinda like stuffing a sock in your pants when you go out cruising for chics; what are you trying to compensate for?

That's a big fish in any pose and give him 'gratz for the PB!!

Big fish look big without the long arm pose. It's kinda like stuffing a sock in your pants when you go out cruising for chics; what are you trying to compensate for?

That's a big fish in any pose and give him 'gratz for the PB!!

Sock thing doesn't work. Driving a lambo does though.

It's definitely 5+ the dude holding it is a big guy - built like an ox - professional body builder and ping pong player.... Also known as a Firefighter.. :thumbsup_anim: I've caught plenty of 20+ inch smallies on erie when they school up in the spring and fall and this largie was well over 20 inches... If you look at the release shot you can see how thick it's back is and that it goes from the end of his hand to well up his bisep... Next time I talk to him I'll ask him what he measured up on his rod..

Thanks guys! Enjoy your weeks

cheers,

Ryan