wacky worm

Lunatic

hey all

im going on my trip up north for a few days tomorrow morning and have been really wanting to give wacky worm more of a try this time around. ive tried it a few times with hit n miss results.

i'll be hitting bass pro shops on the way up and would like to add one or 2 more senkos to my tackle.

so question is what works for you most of the time?

Black w/ mystery flakes,

Smoke w/ blue and gold flakes,

and Pink.

I don't know why I don't seem to like watermelon that much, but I also have yet to have found a colour the largemouth refuse to eat though.

I carry a lot of natural colours because one never knows what will do the trick!

However, fishing theory says that the bait, crayfish, minnows etc, will camouflage to match their surroundings...Therefore I always have a lot of brown to Rootbeer shades and a lot of greens in my boat.

I will have to give pink worms a try!

I had great success with pink Flukes, but always thought that it had to do with the fact that I could see them better and so fished them with more finesse...

Tried a senko the other day with a couple of my buddies. Never tried one before this one happened to be bright pink and I was slammin them, throwing them out there and letting it drop would always get slammed before I hit the bottom, only problem I noticed with them is they get destroyed fast, and for 9 bucks a pack, that kind of sucks!

Tried a senko the other day with a couple of my buddies. Never tried one before this one happened to be bright pink and I was slammin them, throwing them out there and letting it drop would always get slammed before I hit the bottom, only problem I noticed with them is they get destroyed fast, and for 9 bucks a pack, that kind of sucks!

This is very true. When wacky rigged, a bass that takes either end of the worm can lead to destroying the plastic. Most of my broken senkos come from bass that bite the worm and battle it to the surface without a hook set. If nothing else this proves their attractiveness but I agree 10$ a bag is a tad extreme.

First off I love Berkley's Heavy Weight sink worms.... there's no doubt that senko's catch a wack of fish, and they were my go-to worms for a while but berkley's version casts just as far, has just as good or better action, and they are a HECK of a lot more durable! The thing i hate about Senko's is they fall apart after 1 good bite...

Colors -

White

Greens

Black

Pink Senko's do work great for those of you considering giving pink a shot...

Cheers,

Ryan

My best presentation for big smallies is wacky-jigging. Here's 2 recent ones:

P7070292.jpg

P7010276.jpg

90% of the time I am throwing dark green or brown.

I have caught up to 20 smallies, but more typically 7-8, on the same senko by using either an O-ring, or by putting a thin band of shrink-wrap tubing on the middle of the senko and hooking through the shrink wrap. Orings and a circle hook will normally get you 4-5 fish/senko.