Save $ on AA Batteries

g_clot

A friend forwarded this to me the other day and thought it was a good way to save bucks on your AA battery consumption. Less $ on batteries = more $ on fishing thumbsup_anim.gif

And thanks to Sudzy... it's a hoax. I'll hang my head in shame now.

Hoax link

Cheers

Edited by Rigged

Usually I buy these when on sale (free shipping) from Dell. Eneloop rechargeable http://accessories.d...s1&sku=A0958680

Also I heard Duracell white tops from Super store are the same battery or just as good.

I saw these battery coupons at save.ca for the Energizer Lithiums http://save.ca/coupons

Edited by Syn

huh.gif

Good find - I never would have checked the validity further. Thanks for the heads up......

Time to send that new link to everyone I sent the original too.

No problem, myth has been around for a few years, I know a few people who have checked for themselves as well, lol.

I have seen this floating around for a couple of years and always someone would post it's a fake

but you know if I ever find an old/dead 6 volt battery, you can bet that I will take it apart, just to see for myself

I have seen this floating around for a couple of years and always someone would post it's a fake

but you know if I ever find an old/dead 6 volt battery, you can bet that I will take it apart, just to see for myself

I will be doing so tomorrow Terry ;)

If you take 4 cells at 1.5v and put them in series for 6v and then take the other 7 groups and put em all in parallel you have 6v and 8x the amps. Your math doesn't work, but real electrical math does.

As a quick follow up, AA cells are generally 1.2 volts as well.

Edited by anonymous

If you take 4 cells at 1.5v and put them in series for 6v and then take the other 7 groups and put em all in parallel you have 6v and 8x the amps. Your math doesn't work, but real electrical math does.

My math tells me that if 6V lantern battery was that complicated, it would cost alot more than $5.

Well, there's two sides to every story and in actual fact, there were larger batteries made that were a mix of AA and C cells. Anyone that ever did any time in the Service(Army) will remember that when your AM/FM radio or electric shaver died, you would crack open a PRC77 or 524 Radio set battery, there are about 12 C cells and 12 AA cells in it, just wired together, one side for the receiver, the other for the transmitter.

Yea you’re right; this poor old bum mechanic was just thinking a strait series circuit; me bad. LOL

Dan.

Yea you’re right; this poor old bum mechanic was just thinking a strait series circuit; me bad. LOL

Dan.

It's all good, interestingly enough I buy 2 of the cheapie 6v batteries from Giant Tiger, duct tape them together, solder a wire between the + & - of the two and then use it for powering the fishfinder when we go away and rent boats, 1-2 pounds sure beats any regular car battery for hauling around.