Tiger Musky from another Kawartha Lake?

fishnsled

i dont even know how to truly identify a tiger vs a musky vs a pike,

But looking at the head/cheek structure of that fish, it looks exactly like a pike and absolutely nothing like a musky. I will tell you right now, There are no pikes out there with markings like that.

Well, four and half years later and I've still only caught pike in balsam. But they are throughout the whole chain apparently. The Balsam population is pretty strong now. Musky numbers of the smaller year classes seemed to have dipped a bit for me on balsam recently, but could just be me...

Edited by JoshS

4 and a half years later...

My thoughts exactly. :wallbash: Since this post, there have been pike caught in many of the Trent Severn waterway lakes so I've heard.

You may want to look at this rooz, just to get you off to a good start here.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

and this for your pictures

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20

fishnsled im off to a great start! thanks for the tips! i noticed it was 4 years old after i posted but doesnt change the fact that pike suck! and shouldnt be in the kawartha lakes!

No worries rooz and totally agree with you about the pike in the Kawarthas. It's a shame they are spreading like they are. Will be interesting to see how things balance out in the next 10 to 20 years. Welcome to the board!

The fact is they are here in the kawarthas !!! Including the lake I live on which is sturgeon lake !!! As they have been steadily invading a big portion of Haliburton !!!! They are confirmed in most of the kawarthas it just takes the MNR several years to officially confirm it !!!! A few years I ago I called the MNR about a lake in Haliburton they said had NO PIKE !!!! Well I caught one and measured it and took pictures and sent it to them and last year finally confirmed there is pike there !!!!

The first year I bought my boat....2010, I caught a Pike on the Otonabee River. Being that I was new to fishing the area, and really hadnt done a lot of fishing in a long time (I know this was stupid looking back) but we released it back into the river not knowing. The next day at work I was telling some guys that worked in another trade about my fishing escapades, and I dont need to tell you they were less than happy about my story. Needless to say, that wont happen again.