Gloucester Pool

skdds

Much better than last year. Was there yesterday, caught a few LM and pike under 30" nothing big. I lost a few pike on spinnerbaits so might want to use a sharped trailer hook. Trebles were good but I was hooking too many weeds. Mostly used spinnerbaits, spoon trolling, caught nothing using plastic worms :dunno:. Even managed to hook a gar pike (they were swimming in a group of 3) but was relived it got unhooked before landing it. Was not in the mood to deal with its crazy teeth. Swimming was good too. Tried looking for a public sand beach but nothing found so far.

Edited by Syn

Much better than last year. Was there yesterday, caught a few LM and pike under 30" nothing big. I lost a few pike on spinnerbaits so might want to use a sharped trailer hook. Trebles were good but I was hooking too many weeds. Mostly used spinnerbaits, spoon trolling, caught nothing using plastic worms :dunno:. Even managed to hook a gar pike (they were swimming in a group of 3) but was relived it got unhooked before landing it. Was not in the mood to deal with its crazy teeth. Swimming was good too. Tried looking for a public sand beach but nothing found so far.

Thanks for the reply, sounds encouraging! I've never caught a gar pike, that would be neat. I would not think that the pike would be so active with the warmer water...skdds