LeBaron's and Shimano???

Burtess

I was just on the LeBaron's website (cataloge) and can't find Shimano rods or reels anywhere.....

They don't stock them anymore???? Isn't that a major brand not to stock?

Burt :)

I noticed it last week and sent them an email. Apparently during their last update they were accidently deleted.

Doesn't sound like they intend to correct things anytime soon.They suggested that I should contact or visit one of their stores for information regarding Shimano rods and reels.

they have had them in their online catalouge this year, as a few months ago I was looking at them. they were in the front section.

now, they are gone from the catalouge. just a screw up.

they certainly will still sell Shimano stuff as it is the leader in sales for reels in North America.

actually, I have to agree that some of the staff there can be a bit rough with customers. sorry, but its true.

often, they act like you are bothering them when you simply ask to get some rapalas out of the glass case they have them in. its like they hate working there or something.

since bass pro came around, I make the trip out there instead. they are much more helpful and generally seem happy to be there.

Edited by 12 Volt Man

the last 6/ 8 times I have been at Lebaron's Markham, I have found the people and service really good..now a few years ago they wouldn't give you the time of day

I agree, much better service in the past 2 years then in the past. I don't go in often but they all say hi to me every time.

i hate people so i dont talk to the staff :D;)

actually, when i go there, i know what i need and don't need their help. therefore, i could care less about the customer service. to a newbie/someone who needs a bit of guidance, i could see that being their (lebaron's) downfall.

impossible to beat their prices on common fishing junk & they have some decent outdoor gear/clothing. i dont buy higher cost fishing items (rods, reels) at LeBs -- that happens at JBs due to their service.

Edited by Raf

Guest Johnny Bass

They do sell Shimano. I was in the store the other day and wanted to buy a corado baitcaster. They have them on sale for $179.99 but unfortunatly they are out of stock on lefty's.

Al Flaherty's for some reason no longer carries Shimano and BPS doesn't carry Fenwick anylonger. Lebaron's beats them hands down for most rods and reels anyways. But BPS has more stock. And yes the staff has been better since BPS came on the scene but I persoinally have never had a problem with them.

That nose in the air attitude has been around since they had the old store in Willowdale. They were the anglers Mecca in TO back then and could be down right rude at times. I've never walked into their stores since.

I was just on the LeBaron's website (cataloge) and can't find Shimano rods or reels anywhere.....

Burt smile.gif

I think you will find Le Baron's website to be very user-unfriendly. As also is their printed ( and expensive) catalogue. Not easy to find exactly what you're looking for unless you're prepared to browse the whole thing - and maybe that's the idea?

The website and the catalogue are poorly organized, and very uncoordinated They both have the look of a cheap old-style, discount mail order business, and seem to promote the general LeBaron philosophy of 'come to the store. . .' Or, alternatively; 'buy it and shut up!'

Can't beat their prices, but be prepared for some frustrations. . .

when i go there, i know what i need and don't need their help. therefore, i could care less about the customer service. to a newbie/someone who needs a bit of guidance, i could see that being their (lebaron's) downfall.

i mostly know what i want before i hit up a store....but trying to see a few different reels before you buy one and you might as well be asking them to hacksaw their arm off....they also like to give "advice," tell you that you don't know what you're doing and if you don't fish "their way" then you're just wasting your time.....one store out of stock so i've asked them to call up another....no problem, we have it set aside for you.....drive to another store and nobody has a clue about it

a bad first impression can be fixed but years of horrible service is another story

I've witnessed both the open mocking of a customer once they left the store as well as an associate telling a cashier that "answering customer questions is a waste of time and if they buy the wrong thing they'll bring it back. Get them out the door!". Both instances at the mississauga location.

I could care less about their customer service, but when I go into a shop and I can't even fondle a Rapala without asking someone to unlock a glass case, I go elsewhere. I can understand if you want to lock up a $35 Megabass or keep the Lucky Crafts behind the counter, but Rapalas in a glass case? Why don't they just call fisher people thieves.

Couple of the young lads working in the Nepean store I quite like talking too... about biz or not. Another old fella who's online at F-H used to be great to talk with as well when he worked there. In fact, I quite like them all... even the one guy in the fishing department that doesn't have a clue about much of anything fishing, but he tries to help.

Maybe it's the Toronto area stores??? Maybe... that's it???

Anyways, they sell tonnes of Shimano but likely pulled the pages from the online catalague for now because they're having a huge sale on all Shimano products. In store they've got printed pages on all the Shimano stuff on sale. I've actually recently blown some of the income tax return on a new Curado, Castaic, Symmetre, TR100, Talora, and a (Fenwick) TechnaAV muskie rod. All good sale prices and probably tough to beat online and/or Stateside. When things aren't on sale I always use my card too and get 10% off their regular prices. In fact, I can't think of a Canadian store that offers better pricing on most things. Sometimes their selection is lacking... but they'll order up what they've got if ya ask. PLEASE THOUGH... DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SALE IF YOU'RE TOO UPSET WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. lol.

Funny... it's a Canadian owned and operated store, that usually gives the best prices, and has sales often on a decent enough selection of products. Maybe I'm just too used to ordering my fishing gear through the mail with them like I had for the 10 years I was up north. Customer service.......???????? As long as someone rings up the bill and puts the stuff in a bag or box for shipping or pick-up.. who needs the rest of it 99% of the time?

JUST my opinion is all.

I usually take a multi cultural translater with me when I go there, not because of the staff, but all the others who shop there and all the fast speaking people who I cant understand, just encase there talking about me of course, was in 2 weeks ago and almost had a row of 5.0 owner flippin jigs embedded in my arse by some dude who pushed me out of the way, and into the flippin jig display when his buddy called out for him

I go to the Nepean store whenever I am in the city and have had no problems with the staff. Usually someone approaches me and asks if I need help with anything. I usually talk to the dudes in the fishing department and can tell in two minutes if the sales guy knows much about fishing. I wonder around and find what I need and I'm gone. I don't need a red carpet rolled out for me just because I enter a fishing store. Theres lots of people who just love to witch, and you can never make them happy no matter what you do. I say this from experience, 20 years in retail

Theres lots of people who just love to witch, and you can never make them happy no matter what you do. I say this from experience, 20 years in retail

I agree, the public can be tough sometimes. I worked retail for many years too.

however, there is no excuse for the attitude that at least some of their staff have displayed in the past.

they would have been fired had they worked where I used to work had they acted so rude, thats for sure.

in my experience at the le baron mississauga location, there is one staff member in particular that I know had a very bad attitude. this person is probably still there.

some of the other staff have been much more helpful and courtious. but its that one person that leaves the bad taste.

I agree though, there pricing can be good, and its nice sometimes to go there and not be swamped with people because most of the time Basspro is a zoo.

[/b

Burt :)

Don't know, purchased lot's shimano from them in the past, If looking for hight quality Canadian Rods, new to Ontario, check us out. www.fishingstufff.com