my new pb ski

alexcba

our long weekend went fantastic. the walleye were in thick whether you were trolling, or casting it was insane with the amount of hook ups we had all weekend. from thursday to sunday afternoon we boated dozens upon dozens of walters and smallies.

on saturday afternoon we were heading back to the docks and decided to troll there. about 100 yards from the dock my rod bent over and at first i thought i had snagged some of that top water grass. so i killed the motor and stood up, the moment i did that my reel started to peel off, i looked over at vince and said "not grass, not a wally!". to my amazement this thing came out of the water by about 6 feet right next to a bass boat and started taking line again. i started to worry cause i was 5 mins in and had the wrong rod on. i was using my 7 ft medium fast buck tail burning rod. i was casting a live target perch with it and had 15 pound braid on. the reason i worried was for the fish, i can always by more tackle. so i tightened up on the drag, kicked the boat into gear and started a pursuit with the boat. she was headed right for our dock. the fight lasted about 10 mins total and she finally gave up and let me gill her out of the water.

we took a couple of pics (still waiting on others from my friends cam, he also has the release pics) and measured her at 48 in the water. it took a really long time to get her swimming again. i was bent over the boat for a good hour + before she finally tried to rip my arm off and took off under the dock. i waited around the dock for a few hours drinking beer and watching the water to make sure she didn't belly up. later on i took a few casts off the dock and directly under me when my lure got close to the dock i saw her bolt off into the deep. i was so happy she got back to her self again that i had a huge smile and finally wanted to go out again.

heres the one pic i have, i will update the rest of the pics once i receive them.

28257_441918069492_516144492_5834728_1398539_n.jpg

34603_448749339492_516144492_6014408_3512829_n.jpg

better pic.

34603_448749344492_516144492_6014409_3749007_n.jpg

the release

34603_448749349492_516144492_6014410_7258522_n.jpg

more release.. this went on for about an hour and a half..

34603_448749359492_516144492_6014411_3368959_n.jpg

moooorreeee release..

after we got out again about 15 mins in and about 100 yards in the opposite direction i was casting out a live target perch again (3 inch 6-8 ft diver) on the edge of a weed line dropping off into about 15 fow. i saw a huge silver flash out of the corner of my eye and POW! another ski. with the mate right beside. we fought for about 10 mins, got it to the boat and at this time i was using a flouro leader, and my newbie fishing buddy got a little excited and even tho i told him not to bother with the net he attempted to scoop it and nailed the line with the net tubing (no rubber on it) and clipped it off. not like it would have done anything anyways.. this thing was damn near a foot longer than the last one and fatter. quarter of its head wasn't going in lol. anyways i had an incredible weekend. sorry for the wall of text. i will update once i get the other pics.

Edited by alexcba

yeah man. the sonar helps big time tho.. i mean we found this small hump in the middle of the lake in about 10fow that held so many smallies. anyone that doesnt have a fish finder, get one, learn how to use it, and you will never regret it.

nice rice fish

but your tape measure must start at 8" ? :blahblah1:

if i was gonna lie i would have said 50 lol. it was 48.. maybe the fact that im a rather large human being makes it appear smaller to you? buh..

good for you sticking with the fish for a successful release. Maybe I read something wrong but are you saying the next fish was 60 inches long (foot longer than the first one)???? Perhaps you were being sarcastic (which is so dang hard to figure out through computer!

good for you sticking with the fish for a successful release. Maybe I read something wrong but are you saying the next fish was 60 inches long (foot longer than the first one)???? Perhaps you were being sarcastic (which is so dang hard to figure out through computer!

lol i was being sarcastic there. it was more like half a foot, and thicker lol.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice ski. Sucks about the one that got away and the net. I hear there is not alot of Musky in Rice but there are some real monsters.

Great job! Looks like a good size. But how did you survive in those track pants. Weather is soooo hot.:thumbsup_anim:

LOL! it was cold in the morning, didn't realize we would be out as long as we were. at about 1030 am i was in my boxer briefs before we started to head back :rofl2: friggen hot!

great story and very nice pic Congrats on a great Slimmer some times in the hotter weather they take a bit to get going but as long as they are keeping them selves up right you can let them go and just watch them to make sure that some jet ski does not run them over.

Looking forward to some of the other pics

HEY! GET OFF MY SPOT! :w00t:

Just kidding, nice fish though! My calculations put that Muskie at 49 inches btw. :rofl2: (Sreiously, every bit of 49 inches I would say).

Cheers, Ron...

• 2 weeks later...