Pointe au Baril

tmleafs26

WOW....sounds like a really nice spot up there for fishing, with lots of exploring to do...

Cant wait to get up there.

T minus 10 days :) and Ill be :Gonefishing:

Keep the tips/info coming guys!!!

im gonna print this entire thread and study it and take everyones advice and Im hoping to post some pics for the board. :thumbsup_anim:

You guys rock, thanks!!! :worthy:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW....sounds like a really nice spot up there for fishing, with lots of exploring to do...

Cant wait to get up there.

T minus 10 days :) and Ill be :Gonefishing:

Keep the tips/info coming guys!!!

im gonna print this entire thread and study it and take everyones advice and Im hoping to post some pics for the board. :thumbsup_anim:

You guys rock, thanks!!! :worthy:

T minus 26 hours until departure.

Any last minute tips?

Anyone been up to Georgian Bay in the last few weeks?

Thanks board, you guys are great! :worthy:

Texas/Wacky Senko's in the evening around any near surface rock that drops off to 10+ FOW should land you plenty smallies. Morning top water for bucketmouths in back bays or near-shore structure. Afternoon jerks & spinners for pike in 6-15 FOW near deeper channels.

I'm heading to the Georgian next weekend, so any tips you pick-up on your trip will be much welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just got back today.

Spent a nice week at Pleasant Cove Resort.

Weather could not have been any better.

Fishing was good - managed to have fish dinner every night - so thats all I really wanted.

Caught lots of pike, and a few smallmouth bass - biggest fish was a 3.5lb smallmouth bass off the dock using a silver Cotton Cordel.

Majority of fish were caught by Opee Chee island, the best fishing was the closer we stayed to the resort.

Silver Cordel with rattle worked best.

Lots of fish lost, with one pike about 10lbs (managed to weigh it before I lost it :whistling:

Suprisingly with 2 treble hooks that lots of fish managed to shake off the hooks.

All in all, great week.

Thanks for all the tips from everyone!

TMl26

• 10 years later...
On 7/13/2010 at 9:20 PM, muskymike said:

No, across from Sturgeon Bay PP. It used to be Red and White when Marg Noble owned it, then my parents bought it and it went to beige and brown.

Camp Georgian.  It's part of Sturgeon Bay PP now.  It was indeed red and white for many years.  Gar and Grace Crawford bought it from my grandparents (Matt & Marion Burke) back in the 1960's.  We still own a cottage on Rattlebear Drive.  The first time I saw that the Camp Georgian store was torn down, it damn near broke my heart. 

I rented a cottage on Bonnie Island last summer and the fishing was amazing about 100yds off the dock (there were 3-4 boats there every evening) and one guy caught a 36" Musky while I watched and from my dock - scotch and cigar in hand.  There are lots of places to fish in the area but definitely check the weed bed on the south side of Bonnie Island, and the long narrow bay just across the bay south of Skunk Island - seemed to pull in decent sized Pike out of both areas.

While you are there take a ride to check out the Ojibway Club and if you have kids with you take them to the Hole in the Wall for a swim (great cliff jumping).  

Good luck

23 minutes ago, 410001661 said:

Crap.......I did not check out the date of that post - LOL

No big deal; you just updated that OLD thread. LOL Some of those old threads are in need of fleshing up and brought back into the light.  

Dan.