Do not mess with a baby deer

Gerritt

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I love how people will continue to film instead of going out there and saving the dog!!!

idiots!!

Ever seen what a deer can do to a human? That doe was attacking to protect her young. One swipe of a hoof from her,would slice you open.

I do understand what yer saying though.

Mother nature's natural programming for the deer. The dog was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I Didn't interpret the dog posing a threat but Deer may have took it for a coyote.

I'm a dog lover..but I don't blame the deer.

unfortunately i know from experience on how those hooves feel hitting you from the doe ....the little fawn looks sooooooo cute and innocent but its hooves are almost razor sharp and i had one penetrate through my jeans (on my thigh) and start thrashing around whilst stuck in my jeans removing most of my pants from my body....luckily i only received shallow cuts to the thigh......oh the stories i can tell from the farming days....

the dog will be fine ...although it looks bad im sure the dog was fine (maybe not his ego) ...most of the plunges grazed him or missed....my aussie at the time took a few good licks from Elk and NZ Reds until he learned to read the deer better and learned to change direction in mid air/flight

Isn't this why hunters use tree stands?

Jim

Thanks for the chuckle Jim. :thumbsup_anim:

unfortunately i know from experience on how those hooves feel hitting you from the doe

This is why they tell you to reach and poke your downed harvest.Safe distance from the rear legs.

I think in the very least I would have come out and tried to distract the doe from beating up my dog. My beautiful hunting dog :sarcasm: would have faired the same, I fear, as he is even afraid of rain... hahaha. I certainly would not want to be kicked by one of those hooves but I love my Gdamned dog and instinct would be to protect him.

I like the beginning with the cat tasting the fawn... super ballsy cat!!!

Edited by bullybass

Holy F!! Anf you guys think a coyote has a chance against a deer??? No way.. I think the coyote predation on fawns is overblown after watching that.

well a coyote is a wee bit more of a challenge/smarter than a domesticated mutt that was obviously just curious and not looking for a meal....yotes work in a pack, see it all the time, one of the smaller ones yipping at our pup and trying to draw him into the bush where the rest are waiting

Holy!! And you guys think a coyote has a chance against a deer??? No way.. I think the coyote predation on fawns is overblown after watching that.

Lone coyote yes, but usually there is more than 1, entirely different story then. One draws mama off and the rest make the kill.