A day With Mike D

aniceguy

A few months back I started talking to Mike D from the WFN show Lunkerville, simple premise really no pro's ever just a film maker that loves to fish and shoots a show with local guys on local water, he uses your gear and pretty much spends the time discussing your life and your passion fishing with no skript

After watching a few episodes I really got what he is trying to do with the show and its really sorta neat it connects with the common guy fishing.

Long story short in todays epic storm, followed by bass deep in hiding we prearranged to shoot a show on a local body of water, the requirements are 7 to 10 fish and the dialogue. He had never shot a show in Canada and I was his first Canadian guest which was sorta cool,We talked alot got 4 hrs of footage and even though it was a tough bite we managed to get it done lots of laughs too boot

Really nice guy no attitude gracious and humble as can be I enjoyed it a lot, nice diversion for a Monday, the show is scheduled for November or so.

A screen shot of us at the end of the day

20100628_1533.jpg

Lunkerville is a show I really enjoy watching, just because it really is simple and down to earth without all the spam & glitter of most shows offered today.

Goodonya for being the 1st Canadian guest and please post a reminder for us in November whan it's gonna be aired.

I love that show! Caught it on-line and enjoyed nearly every episode. My favourte one would have been the one where he caught that huge bass in New York's Central Park!

His fishing trips remind me of mine. I love the fact that he shoots right from loading his gear in the trunk of his beat up vehicle to gulping down a sandwich on the drive to buddies showing up late, etc.

So congratulations to you aniceguy. That would be a thrill to do a fishing show and I look forward to catching it!

Cheers.

We missed seeing you guys by minutes talking to another fisherman he said you were on the lake in a Bass Cat I believe, not too bad of a show at all, I liked the one on Champlain, I recognized a few spots that I fished around Ticoneroga

Richard

that woulda been me, what boat do you have? Cant really mention the lake, having seen what the internet can do in putting pressure on a lake, it wont be mentioned on the show also, but once it airs most will know

Aaron its on WFN, and it should air sometime next year. I think him and his camera man who works for WFN said his show is ona huge weekly rotation, I guess people really like the show and as Mike was saying some people love fishing shows that are infomercials and some love the folksy down to earth show that showcases real people not paid product.

Although we did do a lot of tongue in cheek stuff on his bait kit and I did mention a few local product distributors and talked a fair share on bass cat boats the real focus was on two guys hangin and fishin

Edited by aniceguy

My lips are sealed, I have a 1985 Skeeter FS with a 60hp on it bone white, we caught 15 or 20 mostly smallies under 2 lbs on tubes & jerk baits mostly & had a few nice Lmbss hit swim baits

Richard

ahh saw you moveing just as the torrential down pour came

That's awesome! I pondered sending him a pm on his messagebaord to see if he wanted to try some TO Pike fishing, never got around to it. He seems like an awesome guy and I really like his show, despite what others say, The quaintness and simplicity of his show really goes a long way in my opinion, Really does remind me of myself going fishing! I really like that he appears to know less than he does and lets the guest on his show talk! I'm a regular watcher!

-Ben

Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words. I just got back to NYC from Toronto and really enjoyed myself there. Actually, I love Toronto! It was only my second time there and I got a chance to hang out with the folks at WFN (which is headquartered in Toronto) and fish with an awesome guest: my man Milo! I call him "my man", because I feel like I've known him for a long time... we hit it off from the first minute... the guy is funny as hell and we talk the same language: McDonald's breakfast, fishing fun and cold beer at the end of the day. I didn't know Milo at all, really, when I asked him to be a guest on the show. We had a few internet chats, email exchanges and a couple phone calls. I actually met him on another internet forum when a Google Alert came to my mailbox for Lunkerville. It was a forum where some dude started a thread that asked "why does this idiot have a fishing show?" (or something to that effect...lol) Of course rejection sucks, but I was happy to see so many nice people reply to his thread that "Lunkerville is awesome! You just don't get it! Mike D isn't the expert, the Average Joe guest is! (or something to that effect...lol,again)

Anyway, Milo sent me am IM, we had a brief conversation, I had a good feeling about him, and I put him on my list of potential guests for future reference. This list has hundreds of people all throughout North America btw.

When the time came for me to go to Toronto for some WFN biz, I checked my list, and Milo was 1 of maybe 20 or 30 people from the area that had invited me fishing. I had a gut feeling that Milo would be a good guest, so I emailed him and ainvited him to be on the show. A few days later, we're fishing! That's how it goes in Lunkerville. Really, there's now rhyme or reason who gets picked to be on the show. There's only one requirement: you have a passion for bassin! Man, woman or child.

And I have to say, my gut feeling was right because I couldn't ask for a better guest. Milo is full of personality, smart and fun to hang out with. This is going to be an awesome show! Yes, it was a very tough bite with the nasty weather front the night before, then the torrential rain during the day. But that's what it's all about: the conflict... the drama...the GLORY! I love a good story. When things seemed grim and bitter, Milo stepped up to the plate, didn't give up, and found the fish. He's a fishing hero in my book.

Thanks for a great time my man. And for the good burgers and cold beers when the day was over. It was a day to remember.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words. I just got back to NYC from Toronto and really enjoyed myself there. Actually, I love Toronto! It was only my second time there and I got a chance to hang out with the folks at WFN (which is headquartered in Toronto) and fish with an awesome guest: my man Milo! I call him "my man", because I feel like I've known him for a long time... we hit it off from the first minute... the guy is funny as hell and we talk the same language: McDonald's breakfast, fishing fun and cold beer at the end of the day. I didn't know Milo at all, really, when I asked him to be a guest on the show. We had a few internet chats, email exchanges and a couple phone calls. I actually met him on another internet forum when a Google Alert came to my mailbox for Lunkerville. It was a forum where some dude started a thread that asked "why does this idiot have a fishing show?" (or something to that effect...lol) Of course rejection sucks, but I was happy to see so many nice people reply to his thread that "Lunkerville is awesome! You just don't get it! Mike D isn't the expert, the Average Joe guest is! (or something to that effect...lol,again)

Anyway, Milo sent me am IM, we had a brief conversation, I had a good feeling about him, and I put him on my list of potential guests for future reference. This list has hundreds of people all throughout North America btw.

When the time came for me to go to Toronto for some WFN biz, I checked my list, and Milo was 1 of maybe 20 or 30 people from the area that had invited me fishing. I had a gut feeling that Milo would be a good guest, so I emailed him and ainvited him to be on the show. A few days later, we're fishing! That's how it goes in Lunkerville. Really, there's now rhyme or reason who gets picked to be on the show. There's only one requirement: you have a passion for bassin! Man, woman or child.

And I have to say, my gut feeling was right because I couldn't ask for a better guest. Milo is full of personality, smart and fun to hang out with. This is going to be an awesome show! Yes, it was a very tough bite with the nasty weather front the night before, then the torrential rain during the day. But that's what it's all about: the conflict... the drama...the GLORY! I love a good story. When things seemed grim and bitter, Milo stepped up to the plate, didn't give up, and found the fish. He's a fishing hero in my book.

Thanks for a great time my man. And for the good burgers and cold beers when the day was over. It was a day to remember.

That's Awesome! I didn't even know you were a member here Mike. Love the show!!! If you're ever in downtown T.O. again in the spring I'm sure you could get an awesome show fishing for Pike in the Toronto Islands right by downtown...I'd be happy to be your shore fishing guide! :whistling: ...40 inch Pike from shore..... :D

-Ben

That's Awesome! I didn't even know you were a member here Mike. Love the show!!! If you're ever in downtown T.O. again in the spring I'm sure you could get an awesome show fishing for Pike in the Toronto Islands right by downtown...I'd be happy to be your shore fishing guide! :whistling: ...40 inch Pike from shore..... :D

-Ben

Ben, I spend a lot of time on fishing forums and wish I could spend more time here: this is a great website! I love fishing forums. Actually, Lunkerville was born from another website I co-own and webmaster, nybass.com. But between the nybass.com forums, the lunkerville.com forums, the lunkerville facebook page, and all the other things that life brings, there's only so much time in the day!

and thanks for the invite and thanks for watching the show :)

Edited by Mike D from Lunkerville

Mike D, I knew you were here but have never seen you post. I'm sure you two had a great time, esp in that new Bass Cat! Good to see you reply to Milos post and you have a great show going there, I love it. Get Mariko back on or was that you on here show? Either way you two on one show is a good thing :whistling:

Good on ya guys and I can't wait to see it all on "Lake X" in Canada. Cheers!

Geoff