obatanga P.P. area

well, me nad my buddy are headin up to his camp on lake kabenung (dunno if I spelt it right) from friday to wednesday. trying to finally get some big pike and walleye. but hoping for specks too!!! It would be realllly sweet if someone knows a speck lake I could hit up for just my limit. I got tight lips so dont worry about me tellin ppl!! I know I had a post about obatanga before and some fella gave me the name of a little speck lake/pond but I completely forget where it was and even the name. I just remember it is a stocked lake and it's in the area. any walleye/pike lakes/tips for the area would be great too! hopefully I can get some info by tomorrow mornin and if not I'll take it into consideration for next time I head out!

thanks,

JNP

anyone?!?!? please? I got ALOT of information so far about the area and am really excited for sure. but still cant find a speck lake to hit. we got boats canoes quads and a truck along with great tackle so that isnt a problem. I would really appreciate any help I could get before 10:30 tomorrow morning!!!!

thanks again!

thanks for the info! i'll remember that for next time! the fishing wasn't all that great cause of the rain and wind. but I managed a 21" pike and a little 8" walleye that I released. everytime I casted into the weedbed off the dock at least once a day I had a HUGE hit! the pike was massive! at least 45". I had it on, every time it peeled some drag and got off. although it did jump once and I managed to see it. we saw fish on the humminbird in the 10' and above column during the rain and most were marked below 30' yesterday. and that's about it besides hitting the stupid pile of rocks..... happy to report very minor damage.

havent fished that area near obatanga, only the lake the park is on itself and we caught lots of pike fishing in or just outside weeds.

right on burnfield lake eh? last time I was there a couple years ago I caught lots of nice pike and even a little walleye when the sun started to go down. if I knew back then what I know now I woulda had my walleye limit in no time..... which is only two on that lake.

yea burnfield, ripping jigs through weeds produced walleye, we even managed one from shore at our campsite somehow haha

whereabouts can you go to get stocking lists?

thanks

Edited by danbob