Tornado damage in midland???

Canuck

Anyone confirm that Tornadoes significantly damaged Midland are?

Can't confirm it, officials will be there in the morning. Sure looks like it from the photos and videos.

most of midland is without power.

News reports say many other areas as well. May not hear from any in the area for a bit. Hope all is well.

Hardly a drop of rain here in Barrie.

Smith's Trailer Park in the south end of town was badly hit, most of the trailers were either destroyed or badly damaged. The Honda dealer had the windows blown out and about 30 odd cars were damaged. Trees were damaged and hydro got knocked out. I have a couple of calls into friends in town there and am waiting to hear back from them. I heard there were only 12 people injured and there were no deaths. Thank God for that.

I will be up there tomorrow and will get a first hand look and will report back on Monday.

I was at Smith's Trailer Park until 2:30 last night with my volunteer search and rescue team. One section of the park is destroyed, and the next section looks like nothing happened.

Even in the destroyed section, there would 3 or 4 areas where there's nothing left but cinder block foundation, and right beside it, 50' away, a trailer seemingly un-touched, flower pots still on the deck..

The section of the part that was hit hard just happens to be a spot that's mostly empty thru the week. But very busy on the weekend. If this would have hit on a Sat afternoon, it would have been a true disaster.

We search thru the ruble for 5 hours and didn't find anyone, thank good.

Midland dodged a bullet..

Edited by F-is-H

Well, I teach high school up in those parts and was given a phone call this morning from the principal telling me our school was closed as there is no power and hasn't been any since the tornado went through.

Day off for me.

Glad to hear that so far there have been no fatalities.

They still have Hwy 93 closed from hwy 12 to Balm Beach Rd, I assume King is closed as well. It also hit a couple of businesses on Hwy 12 from what I heard, as well as a few trees down at Martyr's shrine. I had to come up the back rd and while it's clear there were trees uprooted and lots of limbs that were clearly put to the side of the rd. and the lines were still on the ground there. I got power back roughly a little over an hour ago I'd guess.

Irishfield may still not have power back, some areas will take a little longer, hopefully by tonight..

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

They still have Hwy 93 closed from hwy 12 to Balm Beach Rd, I assume King is closed as well. It also hit a couple of businesses on Hwy 12 from what I heard, as well as a few trees down at Martyr's shrine. I had to come up the back rd and while it's clear there were trees uprooted and lots of limbs that were clearly put to the side of the rd. and the lines were still on the ground there. I got power back roughly a little over an hour ago I'd guess.

Irishfield may still not have power back, some areas will take a little longer, hopefully by tonight..

Maureen

My power in Penetang came on at approximately 3:00pm today. Approximately 21 hours without hydro. Lots of damage in south end of Midland and Hwy 12. Damage on hwy 93 too. From what I have heard, the most severe injuries were broken bones. Unbelievable day.

Tom

Yep.. I'm still alive! Sorry! Thanks for the text messages Terry.. at least I know someone cares! lol

Thought I was gonna lose the hangar.. the airplane I was sitting in (that have been working on for the last 2 months...with 2 days left to go!) and my own stuff.. not once,, but TWICE in one day!

Spent 5 hours today getting my laneway usable again.. we had to use the runway to get to the concession road.

Genny got a good work out.. and thankfully Leah went to visit her cousins in Sarnia back on Tuesday..

What they haven't shown on the news.. Huronia Steel on #93 is out of business.. as is Sargent's Cement next door. Kindred is missing a roof.. Baytech is superficial.. as it's a steel post and beam building with none supportive cinder that came down. Ideal supply and the sports store are gone on King Street.

And I've gotta say it... God really does hate trailer parks...

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, good to hear you are OK. I talked to the park owners (our place in HH) and the bulk of the damage was in Midland so I wasn't too worried about you. There is considerable damage in Midland but it can be fixed. Thankfully nobody was killed, that can't be fixed.