A Tribute to a Best Friend

Jer

We have been there a few times ourselves Jer. Take solace in the fact that you had 12 great years and that his life could not have been better. The loss is tough but the reward of having them in our lives more than makes up for it.

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.

There is always food and water, and warm Spring weather. Those old and frail animals are young again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again.

They play all day with each other. But there is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are staring, and this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

Author unknown

Jer .....Awesome tribute for your buddy and so sorry to hear about your loss!....we are also animal lovers and have 2 dogs and 3 cats, all who have been saved/rescued....

I lost my hound 6 years ago from being poisoned and my wife and I were torn....she didn't want another dog but I was persistant and we went to the local Humane Society in Arnprior.....these were the 2 brats left from a litter of 8 and we couldn't find it in our hearts to leave them there....we adopted them and the household was happy again :thumbsup_anim:;) They're are boys now!!

RileyandBailey.jpg

this is the second time i went thru that tribute, and even tho he's been walked and fed i decided to take my little guy for another nice long walk and gave him a big bone and a hug. its amazing how much of an impact an animal can have on a human life. they go from being a pet, to a part of the family, and almost like a child.

Sorry to hear of your loss, losing a best friend whos been with you for that many years is devastating, when my German Shorthaired Pointer had to be put down, it was hard to believe I was doing the right thing again after 12 years, you have lots of great memories and pics that will carry your family through those tough days. I purchased a large picture frame which holds 8 pics of my GSP so I see her every day in my rec room ot my memory room as I like to call it.