Looking for a boat rental on Lake Rosseau

Jet

I'm headed up to Rosseau this weekend while the lady works and normally have access to a boat and fish solo while she works. Unfortunately the motor on that boat is broken and I'm trying to find an affordable boat rental on Rosseau.

I've found a few online for a 14-ft, 10 hp (that's what I'm looking for) that run for $140 + gas and oil, and hoping someone has some local knowledge the can share.

If anyone can recommend a rental spot on Rosseau or nearby, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

-j

Edited by Jet

Thanks Dave, that could be a good alternate.

Sudzy: I'm staying down the street from Port Sandfield Marina. They're asking $140 + gas and oil (which is at least $20 no matter how much you really use) which is pretty steep for a 10 hp tinny. I guess that's just Muskoka pricing! I just found out the boat is normally have is dead, so I'm trying to avoid fishing from shore the whole weekend!

I hope to target Lakers with some deep jigging. What do you normally go for?

Thanks Dave, that could be a good alternate.

Sudzy: I'm staying down the street from Port Sandfield Marina. They're asking $140 + gas and oil (which is at least $20 no matter how much you really use) which is pretty steep for a 10 hp tinny. I guess that's just Muskoka pricing! I just found out the boat is normally have is dead, so I'm trying to avoid fishing from shore the whole weekend!

I hope to target Lakers with some deep jigging. What do you normally go for?

You are definitely right about the Muskoka pricing - everything is overpriced up there.

If your near Port Sandfield than you are pretty close to some great laker areas.

I normally go for smallies or lakers, you will be up there just in time for the opener.

Edited by Sudzy

It's like shopping for designer clothes in Toronto's Yorkville. Every price tag has been inflated just because it can be. The fees has been raised because people will eventually pay for them. There is a place around there that wanted $55 for 1/2 day parking and a boat launch. I can almost go to a leaf game for that price! ;) The Windermere house says they have rentals. They are right on the water. Perhaps you can paddle around in a canoe and keep to the smaller bays if that's what it will take to get you out fishing. There are public launches, but I doubt many rental places will send you off towing a boat and trailer to the lake. That would likely be a cheaper alternative. Perhaps you can check around if that's an option? Good luck with Rosseau!

Thanks Rusty for that link. Might be a good idea, I'll check them for pricing.

Yes Disco that is life in the Muskokas! I know a guy who has a business there who said its cheaper and faster to have a plumber come up from Barrie than to try and get the work done from the guy down the street!

Normally I have a boat when I go up, but I guess the fishing gods may have conspired against me this weekend.