Mercury Mariner 15 hp

tightline

I typed in "mariner 15 impeller repair" and got a bunch of hits. Definitely not hard to do, tilt the motor up, you'll see anywhere from 3-5 boltheads at the bottom of the cavitation plate, undo those, leave one partially in. Tilt the motor back down, remove the cowl and follow the shift lever linkage to the inside where it goes down, there's a clip on the shift linkage rod that has to be removed. Once that's done, remove the last bolt from the lower unit..**careful**, it might drop, catch it. Whatever you do, DON'T rotate the shift rod where it goes into the lower unit, it's a preset amount, otherwise you might not get forward or reverse. The impeller sits inside the housing that goes over the driveshaft, usually 4-5 small bolts holding the cover on. Remove that, pull out the the old impeller, add a bit of vaseline to the new one, PAY ATTENTION to which way the old fins are bent, it only rotates in one direction, otherwise you might fubar the new impeller. Most marine shops will carry the impeller kit, remember to bring your engine serial and model number, Good luck.

Hey guys thanks for the responses...but my new motor is a 1992 15E?? And I can't seem to find that anywhere...any other ideas??

Call a Mercury dealer and ask them to look up the part # and then either buy it from them or cross reference on one of the sites I posted.