Musky baits?

chong

there are topraiders and super top raiders. try both. depends on the time of year, water you are fishing, time of day, weather... there is no easy out. go out and spend your money. if you are getting into musky fishing you are not going to be saving your $$$. so go out and buy one of each and try them.

if you cant afford it, you wont have the right equipment and should wait until you have the proper tools to target them.

sorry if i sound like an ass, just stating the facts. Welcome to an entirely new world of fishing for hours and hours and hours without any results. dont get discouraged.

there are topraiders and super top raiders. try both. depends on the time of year, water you are fishing, time of day, weather... there is no easy out. go out and spend your money. if you are getting into musky fishing you are not going to be saving your $$$. so go out and buy one of each and try them.

if you cant afford it, you wont have the right equipment and should wait until you have the proper tools to target them.

sorry if i sound like an ass, just stating the facts. Welcome to an entirely new world of fishing for hours and hours and hours without any results. dont get discouraged.

I wanted to know if one company's model is better than another.

It's not that i don't want to spend the money (muskie=$$$),i don't want to but a bunch of lures and have 75% of them hanging in the tackle box.

I want to get 10-15 lures.

I will be blunt - I only wanted 10 lures, to many different scenarios. The guys have given you some great advice. If I had one lure only (Decent Rod, Reel, Net, pliers, Bolt cutters, torch etc) it would have to be a bulldog - you just cant beat it. If your casting and retrieving you never know - deep water to shallow. Troll it if you feel inclined. Get a silver coloured one

musky fishing is a passion. I know I have two much stuff already, yep some hang in my tackle box but let me tell you the other thing that everyone forgets - decent leaders. All the best lures are crap when you loose them in mouth of musky.

Secondy make sure you have the gear to release sucessfully. I know I got advice here when i started and I bought the release gear before more stuff. I am proud of my release technique now Good luck.

I will be blunt - I only wanted 10 lures, to many different scenarios. The guys have given you some great advice. If I had one lure only (Decent Rod, Reel, Net, pliers, Bolt cutters, torch etc) it would have to be a bulldog - you just cant beat it. If your casting and retrieving you never know - deep water to shallow. Troll it if you feel inclined. Get a silver coloured one

musky fishing is a passion. I know I have two much stuff already, yep some hang in my tackle box but let me tell you the other thing that everyone forgets - decent leaders. All the best lures are crap when you loose them in mouth of musky.

Secondy make sure you have the gear to release sucessfully. I know I got advice here when i started and I bought the release gear before more stuff. I am proud of my release technique now Good luck.

I'm pretty sure I have the right equipment:

Rod:Techna AV med/hvy

Reel:Abu Garcia Record with 65lbs line

It doesn't have to be complicated, or expensive. You can catch a lot of fish with a few bucktail inline spinners and some heavy-duty spinnerbaits. If you stick with lighter lures that don't require a winch to retrieve, you can do a lot of musky fishing with a MH rod and a good baitcaster. Do listen to the advice about release tools and leaders....those are not places to scrimp.

65 lbs go up to 80 or 100 65 will break with a back-lash, next what water do you want to fish? No sense buy baits that work great for St.Clair if you never going to fish there. A very good bait that can be cast or trolled is a spiner bait, please get a good net and tools for releasing the fish.

65 lbs go up to 80 or 100 65 will break with a back-lash, next what water do you want to fish? No sense buy baits that work great for St.Clair if you never going to fish there. A very good bait that can be cast or trolled is a spiner bait, please get a good net and tools for releasing the fish.

I fish in the montreal area.I have all the proper tools and I use a cradle for release.

I went out this morning had 4 attacks on a seducer but couldn't land them.Is there a lure for fishing in heavy weeds?

Thanks for the advice about proper release.

I fish in the montreal area.I have all the proper tools and I use a cradle for release.

I went out this morning had 4 attacks on a seducer but couldn't land them.Is there a lure for fishing in heavy weeds?

Thanks for the advice about proper release.

T-rigged plastics (big grubs, flukes, senkos) and big flipping jigs are both good in heavy cover. You can fish a short-arm spinnerbait in surprisingly heavy cover.