IS THERE A BETTER FEELING

mattybculp

Is there a better feeling? ofcourse there is the birth of your children probably tops your list. But the feeling im talking about is different. This monday my buddies and I are heading out for our annual boys fishing trip. I have made a point every year for the past five years to organize a fishing trip to various different camps in ontario both flyin's and drive ins. Guys who are fishing guru's (in there own mind),first timers, and everything in between. It truly is a great feeling waking up, knowing its the last day of work before you head out with your best chums into the wilderness to do some fishing. Waking up ridiculously early to the smell of coffee brewing, or that sweet stench of gasoline on the water with the morning mist just burning off. To everyone one out there if you dont do this yearly you truly are missing out. I know it can be difficult. I fish my local waters frequently, but its the sense of a "road trip" and new water that excites me. I know people out there can say well "i dont have the money." what i say to that is in our group there are 6 figure earners and guys recently laid off. If you plan enough in advance there's always time and more importantly there are Lots of great places with great fishing for rediculously low rates. I mean if you can go somewhere with decent fishing, decent accomodations, and boat bait and gas, for $350 for 4 days, thats gotta be in the budget for most income brackets. If someone in the group stuggles with the amount we all pitch in ten, twenty bucks and presto, what goes around will come around. I guess with out me going on and on inclosing im saying take the iniative, organize something take those long winter months sitting and thinking about fishing and make fishing happen. Getting out there with guys who you maybe havent seen since you were kids and bonding with your best friends can honestly be the best feeling and it helps when the fishings good. Drink up that friday morning feeling before the fishing trip, cause it always goes down smooth. :Gonefishing:

I definitely agree, my buddy describes it as being like Christmas morning for us when we're loading up for a trip. You'll plan weeks if not months in advance, scatter the web for info on the lake, and hit the tackle shops to load up on some new lures (even though you'll throw them each 5 times and go back to your 'lucky' lures).

It's definitely a feeling of a roadtrip and it can meet anyones budget with proper planning.

I know the feeling. 7 of us are heading to the Brook cabin at Ivanhoe in two weeks.

I already have my list and we had a meeting about all the stuff to bring in.

I haven't been this far north for a while now so I am looking forward to it.

Have a good trip mattybculp.

:canadian:

Thats the most mushy sentimental thing ive ever read on a fishing board! lol

:clapping:

Hopefully our wifes and girlfriends dont read this post!

I am just kidding! I completly know what your talking about!

I have a real hard time thinking of anything other then the first cast...do way to much scouting, way to much google mapping, and spend way to much money on fancy new gear the weeks prior lol.

Great post!

Now I havnt had the chance to do any fly-ins or anything yet but I try to make a road trip/ away fishin trip atleast once every two weeks.. wether it be 40 minutes down the road or 4 hours up to Sudbury! best feeling ever when you launch the boat on a lake you have never fished before and an even better feeling when you catch some quality fish on it! and well to do it along side of your good buddies.. priceless..

The excitement of a road trip and fishing with good buddies,eating good food, not necessarily healthy. Scoffing back some beers and ribbing each other for a few days is the best. It's the trip home that really sucks, even though I'm looking forward to getting home.

They're never long enough are they.

I have this habit the second im settled in to camp of counting the days, and hours until it'll be time to go...........the last day is always so hard. I know people who come back from vacation with the old "ahhhhh, i feel so recharged and ready to get back to work" .........i got one word, Bull!

I love the planning, packing & the road trip to Gogama. There are so many lakes to fish it is awesome!! Bass, pike, perch, walleye are all available. We camp at Lake XX - what a great feeling getting up at 5:00 AM the first morning to explore the spots where we caught fish last year. I decided to fish a lake I'd never been to before. Quick report - 1st hour 7 walleye caught & released, move down the lake 1 km, 21 walleye in a heavy rain storm in 1-1/2 hours!! I was in the area last week end - line in the water at 6:00AM, 4 walleye caught & released by 6:20AM

My name is Brian -I'm a fish a holic

Your absolutely right...sounds perfect when you put it in those words. It's nice when you get to your lake and open up a new lure or something...try it out and see what lurks in the new waters.

I am heading in two weeks NE of Kingston for my annual trip to my Grandmother's/Uncles for a extended period of time...looking at 7 weeks rather than 2 or 3 so its going to be a blast. Very excited to "live on the water" for a little while...