Toronto Directions & Traffic Guru Help -- NF

CLofchik

I have an in-law wedding in Toronto this weekend. No probs, I'm laid back, I'm domesticated, just let the g/f freak out and do all the prep & planning, just tell me where to show up.

St. Andrews Church, corner of Simcoe & King downtown Toronto. Smack in the middle of G20 prep hell (literally, it's in the middle of the Uber 2nd Defensive Perimeter). Will that area be shut down to traffic by Saturday, and what's the best way to get there coming from W.Bound Gardiner?

Hey Chris...I don't think very many Torontonians fully know what impact the G20 will have on their schedules. I feel for you bud.

The Globe & Mail has a few details on their site...The interactive map section has a few clues on where to avoid

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/police-detail-g20-security-zone/article1584293/

Edited by MJL

Given that I believe that the Jays are in town this weekend and the fact that most of the major arteries are semi-blocked, I would suggest taking the Go Train.

Alternatively, I would get off the Gardiner at Spadina, drive along King and find a place to park a few blocks from your destination. It's starting to look like a war zone down here and I can't see it getting any better for atleast 10 days.

HH

I have an in-law wedding in Toronto this weekend. No probs, I'm laid back, I'm domesticated, just let the g/f freak out and do all the prep & planning, just tell me where to show up.

St. Andrews Church, corner of Simcoe & King downtown Toronto. Smack in the middle of G20 prep hell (literally, it's in the middle of the Uber 2nd Defensive Perimeter). Will that area be shut down to traffic by Saturday, and what's the best way to get there coming from W.Bound Gardiner?

YOU WILL BE OK!

Traffic will be congested as usual and prob a bit harder to get in. Due to the fence surounding the area below King Street.

Enter from the north, try to avoid the Gardiner/lakeshore.

Best bet is come down off the 401 and travel down avenue road, Avenue Road turns into University Avenue (get off at King and University) which is about a block away from the church.

Parking on the other hand........

Click on the link below

Green arrow is the corner where two BIG parking lots are. 5min walk to the church.

"A" is the church marked on the map.

"B" is the subway. You can park north up at Yorkmills Subway station on Yonge street, leave the car there and travel south on the subway and get at point "B" (King / University Subway station) and walk to the church.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Adelaide+and+john+st+toronto&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Adelaide+St+W+%26+John+St,+Toronto,+ON&gl=ca&ei=z3EbTPDUDsHflgeqzpjWCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

John

Edited by Broken Bobber

I think the G20 closures won't begin until next Thursday. So you should be fine, regular crappy Toronto driving weekend.

Wut he said, there were a few peeps late to the church but they were all the one's that were being clever and coming down from the north of the city. Even with the half brain dead Jays fans (is that a pluck full of oxymoron?) just jumping from Gardiner to Spadina was pretty painless.

Thx all for your input, and anybody that lives or works down there during the week I feel for ya.