Daughters that have Taken an Interest in Fishing

laszlo

5 months ago my wife Anna and I had our first baby. I'm really looking forward to teaching her about the outdoors and fishing. I know girls generally don't have as much of an interest in angling as boys do.

Which of you moms and dads have daughters that love to fish???

Eliana 'Poops' Csordas...

dsc00649p.jpg

dsc00532f.jpg

dsc00826f.jpg

Edited by laszlo

My Daughters three now and she loves fishing. I've been taking her out for minnows and sunfish and such since last spring summer. She also loves camping(probably more then I do). She is always asking if we're going camping. She has also done quit well at catching snakes and frogs and now has a pet turtle. The only thing she doesn't seem to like is worms. She does all this with me but is still the girlie girl when she's hanging out with mommy.

GREAT pics of your daughter.

Excellent topic to start the summer off with too btw. :clapping:

Started my daughter fishing at age 10 (wish I had started the year before when I got back in to it)

She loves bringing her friends with her too.

CIMG2975.jpg

It doesn't matter what kind of fish she catches,, as long as she "beats dad" in numbers ...lol

CIMG3268.jpg

The following was THE fish that got her hooked on fishing. It was her first 5 minutes of fishing ever.

The real pressure came when her hand was being hurt( note splint on her left hand) from the weight of this brute and she says: "don't lose it daddy, it's my first fish" :unsure:

Chanellesmonstercatch.jpg

This summer we are planning her first canoe fishing expedition on my favourite "lake X".

my daughter loves to fish and she has become a musky addict here are a couple shots of us with her musky's and yes she brings them in on her own she also likes to cast for them but has not had one hit when casting.

IMG_5724.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3351-1.jpg

1bf1acd.jpg

and she is not afraid to fish for others also

IMG_3271.jpg

MikeP, nice to see your daughter fishes for some bait too....LOL

My 2 daughters love to fish off the dock for sunfish and perch. They fill up a bucket with water and fill it with fish that they can spend hours amusing themselves. My oldest who is 5 was my little fishing partner up on LOTW 2years ago on some musky hunting expeditions. We'd go out for a couple of hours and wouldn't spend too much time fishing, she had eyes like a hawk and saw deer, bear, foxes, wolves, eagles......

Fishing with your kids is a great way to spend quality time, I'd argue the best way but that's just me. Don't be too serious and just enjoy the time on the water.

Our daughters have always been my fishing partners. When camping... the night before we'd decide who was going out first thing in the am and we would set our clothes outside the door so we didn't wake up the others. A daughter and I would get out for about 4 hours before coming in for breakfast.. then I'd go back out with both daughters. Son (oldest) would still be in bed when we came back for lunch. I think I've had him fishing about 5 times in his life... the gals... 100's and 100's of times.

Sometime in the mid '90's.. Martin River PPark. Both girls in the boat..

girlsfishingmartinriver.jpg

Last summer.. not afraid of a bit of slim and blood.. lol

aug2009d.jpg

Kristal freaking out her young cousins..

july095.jpg

Man.. look how high that water is and that was July 31st !!

..and cleaning her boyfriends catch..

8july8.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Great topic!

My first child is due the end of July. Just happens to be a little girl coming our way.

I have already told my wife, as soon as the baby is old enough to hold up her head on her own I'm sticking her in the carrier and taking her to the river to do some casting! She thinks I'm a bit nuts but knows there is no stopping me. I figure I can inundate her with the smells, sounds and sights at an early age and have a great fishing partner for a long time!

PB

I've been taking my daughter fishing with me since she could walk. One way my Mom & I got her interested was when it was time to clean the fish, she would get to check what the fish ate. She always felt sorry for the worms when we put them on the hooks, but the curiosity of what was in their stomach over came that. She is going to be 15 years old next month and she has told me that any boyfriend she has will have to like fishing and camping as much as she does.

Great topic Laszlo :thumbsup_anim:B)

I got my daughter hooked on fishing when she was 5..... Back at my sister's cottage.... she caught her biggest small mouth bass on my ultra light 4 1/2' rod.... live bait was the ticket for that one..... leeches that is :) setup wacky style...

MelissaFirstBass.jpg

We don't go out often but the times spent together are priceless B) and truly enjoy them..... she usually kicks my butt too :lol:

A couple of pics on the hard stuff

14" Perch

DSC03393.jpg

Another jumbo

DSC03399.jpg

I think little girls are just as much interested in fishing then boys..... just got to expose them to fishing at an early age :thumbsup_anim:

Heck now when I come home with some fish for the pan.... she wants to know what is the stomach content and show her :clapping:

Leechman