Rod lockers and lockable storage for your boat.

I think all locks do is deter the opportunist thief, the determined ones are going to find a way, and cause more damage the harder it is to break into that locker. What I've always wanted is an alarm system for my boat, something on the underside of my storage lockers and glove box that I could arm and disarm like a remote for the car. Another thought was to add a motion sensing camera.

I think all locks do is deter the opportunist thief, the determined ones are going to find a way, and cause more damage the harder it is to break into that locker. What I've always wanted is an alarm system for my boat, something on the underside of my storage lockers and glove box that I could arm and disarm like a remote for the car. Another thought was to add a motion sensing camera.

i dont think it would be hard to put together a magnetic strip alarm rigged to a car alarm receiver.. lol you just gave me an idea..

Agreed if they want your stuff they will get it.

I think I am just going to use a latch/hasp and a good padlock it will look like :asshat: but I am hoping it may be a bit of a deterent and they will move on to a easier target.

Apparently there are alarm systems for boats.

Maybe take your valuables out of your boat when you are done fishing. Seems to work for me. You will curse that lock and hasp when you kick it in your bare feet or step on it. What kind of locks came with your boat? Are they the flushmount Perko locks that you turn 180 degrees to open?

Maybe take your valuables out of your boat when you are done fishing. Seems to work for me. You will curse that lock and hasp when you kick it in your bare feet or step on it. What kind of locks came with your boat? Are they the flushmount Perko locks that you turn 180 degrees to open?

Ya taking stuff out would work but to be honest taking out 10 or so rods and two tackle boxes and a tackle bag every time is a pain in the :asshat: beside most of the time I have the car and all that crap won`t fit in the Imprezza, besides the wife kinda frowns on the idea of having all that stuff in the trailer.

I had Perko`s in the Alumacraft and they were pretty good, the ones in the Stratos are some generic POS that I can pry open with one finger.I thought about stubbing my foot on the hasp I am going to try and put it out of the way if I can.

I always wear shoes when I am on the boat too many sharp pointy things that can stick you.