Shimano Voltaeus?

GBW

Hey folks.

Does anyone here have one? I picked up a 7' Shimano Voltaeus Med/Fast spinning one the other day at BPS and was wondering what YOU think of it. I know it's far from a Musky rod but how do you think it will do on the odd one caught while targeting bass (when the bass season opens)? I was casting with it out front last night with a shimano 2500 series reel (for now as it was sitting on my work bench) and I was chucking a 1/2 oz casting plug far!

What do you think of this rod? Thanks.

Geoff

I don't like the action at all. I don't like that wet noodle sans backbone feel to my rods. I guess it is a better alternative to the ugly stik but I absolutely loathe ugly stiks.

that is just my opinion though.

I don't like the action at all. I don't like that wet noodle sans backbone feel to my rods. I guess it is a better alternative to the ugly stik but I absolutely loathe ugly stiks.

that is just my opinion though.

I don't like the Ugly Stiks either. I hated the grip most.

Hey didn't you just sell a coule of ugly stik combos?????

Yes, well one as the other grew legs and cannot be found.

i just picked up one on friday havent had the chance to use it yet but a buddy bought one and loves it

I like that you can load it up with a bit of a spin/whip and chuck the bait far! well, at least on my Street with a rubber plug tied on. LOL

Probably good for throwing crankbaits due to the slower action on them, and it's the technique where you don't want to pull on treble hooks too hard, and sensitivity is not a big factor as the fish are almost hooking themselves. That plus I would only use fluoro/mono on those stainless steel guides, instead of braid.

I picked one up to put my baitcast reel on. 6'6", medium action. I got it for an all-around rod, and have used it from everything from a goby to a 4LB cat. Love the way it feels, and for the price, it can't be beat. The lifetime warranty is a nice added bonus as well. It's going to be getting a much better workout in September on Lady Evelyn, but so far, I'm impressed.