Red Cedar Lake

Steve_R

Hi, Im going to be heading up to Red Cedar Lake in the martin river area and staying at Mountian home lodge. I was just wondering Hows the fishing up there in Aug l know its good bass fishing..but l was wondering how the pike fishing is and is there any muskie in that lake? And also has anyone ever stayed at that camp before?

Thanks for your help

Steve.

Fishing will be good in August.. Pike and Walleye will be "ON" Well, it usually is at that time of year anyway. Bass is always "ON" and usually easy to catch.

AS for Muskies??? HMMMM I've heard of them caught there but never actually spoken to an angler that has caught one... I've been fishing it for about 25 Yrs or so ... and a Buddy of mine has a cottage there and has been fishing it for more than 40yrs and has never caught nor seen a Muskie come out of there either.

Water is still 4+' low and not rising very fast.

Never stayed at Mountain Home...but the people who I know that have liked their stay.

Randy

:canadian:

Fishing will be good in August.. Pike and Walleye will be "ON" Well, it usually is at that time of year anyway. Bass is always "ON" and usually easy to catch.

AS for Muskies??? HMMMM I've heard of them caught there but never actually spoken to an angler that has caught one... I've been fishing it for about 25 Yrs or so ... and a Buddy of mine has a cottage there and has been fishing it for more than 40yrs and has never caught nor seen a Muskie come out of there either.

Water is still 4+' low and not rising very fast.

Never stayed at Mountain Home...but the people who I know that have liked their stay.

Randy

:canadian:

• 4 years later...

Haven't stayed at Mountain, last time was at Red Cedar Lodge. Was last there October, cold mornings dust of snow on the ground. Most productive spot for us was the North west end of the lake where the river enters the main basin; good deep current between the big island and North shore, drop shotting live minnows for pike and eyes. Good luck! beauty of a lake. Prop