for those who dont like life jackets

alexcba

sure if you get a flamboyant red one you might look funny, or you could just spend the cash and buy a different colored survival vest. i've had many a close call on a boat, waves from bigger boats, bad weather, great lakes in general. anytime im moving or the weathers bad mine is on. this vid shows the benefit. dude still got hurt pretty bad but atleast he's alive to fish again.

go to 1:20

be safe out there boys.

yeah, i see lots of people pull crap like that off. they are just lucky. this guy, not so much. cant recall how many times we've been starboard on someone flying down the lake and the jack ass guns it almost directly infront of us like he's got a point to prove.

Sorry but that is one of those dudes who should never drive a boat or any motorized vehicle. As Ron White would say " there's not a class you can go to, there's not a pill you can take...stupid is forevahhh."

Adding comments has been disabled on this video.

I wonder why

Last week I was out and there was this boat full of i think kids doing donuts. Had to have been at least a 50 hp on the boat. Around and around, then ahead then crank it. I was just waiting for it to flip.

This speed on the water makes me wonder hwy there is a 50 kph limit on snowmobile trails. Some things just don't add up :wallbash:

sure if you get a flamboyant red one you might look funny, or you could just spend the cash and buy a different colored survival vest. i've had many a close call on a boat, waves from bigger boats, bad weather, great lakes in general. anytime im moving or the weathers bad mine is on. this vid shows the benefit. dude still got hurt pretty bad but atleast he's alive to fish again.

be safe out there boys.

This is old, was posted about a month ago, and created quite a stir, to the point that the post was removed. Let's not start something here again that is old news, you can't educate stupidity.

I love the written comments on the video:

"He was unconscious in the water for 10 minutes. His life vest floated him face up in the water."

So the dude filming left him floating around for 10 minutes?? He didn't pull him out right away???

"Cracked sternum, broken ribs, bleeding around sternum, nearly broke neck and collar bone."

And they have him drapped across the back of the boat as they keep filming him rather than get him to medical attention??

What a bunch!!

Burt :)

I love the written comments on the video:

"He was unconscious in the water for 10 minutes. His life vest floated him face up in the water."

So the dude filming left him floating around for 10 minutes?? He didn't pull him out right away???

"Cracked sternum, broken ribs, bleeding around sternum, nearly broke neck and collar bone."

And they have him drapped across the back of the boat as they keep filming him rather than get him to medical attention??

What a bunch!!

Burt :)

Its all fun and games till somebody gets hurt....then its hilarious :whistling::stretcher:

be safe out there boys.

Sorry dumb question here. I know what a life vest is, but what is a kill switch?

Sorry dumb question here. I know what a life vest is, but what is a kill switch?

usually a kill switch is attached to you when your in a high speed vessel. should you go flying out of the boat you will pull the kill switch out and cut the power to the engine. this prevents the boat from going on its own trip, or the prop from cutting you into pieces like it could very well have done to that moron when he went flying out.

Still not a good case for everyone to have to wear a lifejacket!!! I would not do what this guy was doing, I would not be that close to another boat. I still want to know why the rest of us(meaning the sane ones)have to pay for some idiots behaviour. Why not go after & fine people like this out on the water. It all comes down to common sense & having a respect for the water, two things this guy didn't use or have!!!!

Still not a good case for everyone to have to wear a lifejacket!!! I would not do what this guy was doing, I would not be that close to another boat. I still want to know why the rest of us(meaning the sane ones)have to pay for some idiots behaviour. Why not go after & fine people like this out on the water. It all comes down to common sense & having a respect for the water, two things this guy didn't use or have!!!!

Yesterday I watched someone in a I/O pleasure boat run right over the shallow cribs at the tracks on Rice and not fully planed out,miracle he didn't hit the tracks but the worst part was he had a kid sitting out on the nose,second time I have seen this in 2 weeks,no rehab stupidity!!!!!

There would have been a good chance he could have save the boat.

If he was smart enough to let go of the throttle when the boat came

out of the water.But there is always learning the hard way. :rofl2:

I really thought he was going to land that back flip, but the tail of the motor just clipped the wake....

There is no shortage of people that break the rules, I must have seen 1/2 dozen or so adults pulling their kids around on tubes/waterski`s this past weekend and not one had a spotter.

I saw one guy pulling his fam on a huge float thingy and the thing actually got airborne for 20 feet or so, the driver was clueless because he was looking a head and no spotter of course.

I am sure the kids thought it was cool,wouldn`t have been too cool it the thing would have flipped!! :wallbash:

Got buzzed by a jet ski this week while out fishing... flew by us at WOT no more than 50 feet from the boat. Whole lake to drive on, and he chooses to go there. Soooo tempted to cast out something big, heavy and hooky that way, but fortunately for him, morons are out of season.

Edited by Fisherpete