Owners Manual

Viking

I've got a 1986 Johnson 9.9 I am trying to find an owners manual for. I've looked all over the web and can't seem to find anything (except repair manuals) for motors this old. Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

Not sure if this will help but i could only find the 04 and up models,

http://12.2.215.22/og/default.asp?SessionId=3fd8962cd94340ea8a350e5bd9ea9b85&Lang=EN&brands=JOHNSON

what is it you want to know about the motor?

There's a lean/rich knob on the motor. The parts cat. calls it an idle speed adjuster and then there's an adjustment on the end of the tiller handle that seems to control idle speed as well. I was trying to figure out how they are both supposed to work.

I had some recent trouble with the motor coughing and sputtering. Found there was water in the fuel tank. Dumped the fuel, cleaned the tank and refilled with premium gas. It runs great now but hard to get started. I'm going to pick up a carb kit today and pull the carb hopefully this weekend. I put new plugs in it as well.

There's a lean/rich knob on the motor. The parts cat. calls it an idle speed adjuster and then there's an adjustment on the end of the tiller handle that seems to control idle speed as well. I was trying to figure out how they are both supposed to work.

I had some recent trouble with the motor coughing and sputtering. Found there was water in the fuel tank. Dumped the fuel, cleaned the tank and refilled with premium gas. It runs great now but hard to get started. I'm going to pick up a carb kit today and pull the carb hopefully this weekend. I put new plugs in it as well.

run some seafoam threw it first!

My old 6hh.p evinrude was running just like yours suggested, i mixed in a hole bottle of seafoam in a 5gallon tank, got it running in the drive way, shut it down and let it sit over nite, restarted it in the morning, man you should have seen the crap come out of the exhaust, one good run on the lake, runs like its new, i put seaform in every outboard i run and in every tank, but if you fish eveery day then it could get pricey, at $8 a can i put it in after every fill up.