Smoker...

Gerritt

I have been bitten by the BBQ bug..

I have given up on propane and NG BBQ's after rediscovering my love for charcoal and wood.

I have been looking for a new smoker..

For ribs, briskets and such...

and I came across this..

smokerjpeg.jpg

I have asked the seller for some more pictures.. but it seems in great shape and for 100.00 I dont think I can go wrong!

What do you fellow BBQ nuts think?

G

It's OK for smoking but not for BBQ.....I would keep looking if you like to cook on charcoal or wood....I have one that does it all.

Mine is something like this but older and much heavier steel plus the smoke box is directly under the BBQ part. But the results will be the same.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=&q=new+braunfels+smoker&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS366US366&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7293576543605130927&ei=TRUQTJrNLsX6lweDg-3mBg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDEQ8wIwAg#

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

BB, yes I would use this as a stand alone smoker, and not for everyday chow.

and I have a very similar off-set BBQ like the one you showed... its just too small!!

Edited by Gerritt

G, I had an electric one, a charcoal smoker and I'm now going to get a propane smoker to have an exact heat. That one does look got for the price but why is there a plug hanging out of it?

I have been in love with the BGE for awhile now! However.. the 1600.00 price tag nixed it. As the accessories kill yah!

I also liked the GrillDome and the new Bubba Keg.

The unit I have posted will strictly be used for smoking... As for the "cord" I am pretty sure it is the gasket.

G

Check out the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker if you want to hot smoke and BBQ over charcoal. These things are really awesome (I have two).

Check out this site for more info...... http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

RibsmokeMay2720073.jpg

Ribs......

SidesandBBs05_23_091.jpg

Turkey......

TurkeySmoke07_01_091.jpg

Brisket....

Brisket03_07_104.jpg

Even beef tenderloin.....

IMG_0043.jpg

Burt :)

Check out the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker if you want to hot smoke and BBQ over charcoal. These things are really awesome (I have two).

Check out this site for more info...... http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

RibsmokeMay2720073.jpg

Ribs......

SidesandBBs05_23_091.jpg

Turkey......

TurkeySmoke07_01_091.jpg

Brisket....

Brisket03_07_104.jpg

Even beef tenderloin.....

IMG_0043.jpg

Burt :)

Hey Burt, I don't live too far away from you, do you want to be friends. :)

Hooked, I saw that unit @ Chadwick and Hacks, it looked Nice! I just had issue with it using pellets.. Say I pick up some Cherry, Pecan, Apple or other great smoking wood.. I would not be able to use it because it uses pellets.

I am using apple and cherry chunks right now.. it produces a great smoke..

and I agree... Burt can we be friends? especially around supper time? I am going to have to start taking more pictures of my food!

G

Hooked, I saw that unit @ Chadwick and Hacks, it looked Nice! I just had issue with it using pellets.. Say I pick up some Cherry, Pecan, Apple or other great smoking wood.. I would not be able to use it because it uses pellets.

I am using apple and cherry chunks right now.. it produces a great smoke..

and I agree... Burt can we be friends? especially around supper time? I am going to have to start taking more pictures of my food!

G

Sure you would be able to use Cherry, Pecan.....they have several different flavoured pellets. $20-22/bag at the Home Hardware in Stoney Creek. Apparently good for 20 hours of cooking for each bag. They also sell the Traeger. The guy with the goatee there, I think he owns it, is very knowledgeable about it too. I would of bought it if I didn't have so many other things to work on around the house here, stupid house.

Edited by Hooked

Like Burt says go for the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker; pulled pork, brisket, turkey, salmon, bacon you name it.

Easy to use, keep clean and store, once you get the hang of it you can have it cook overnight.

Nothing like smoking a Fatty or Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Dan

For my personal use I found out over the years I need 3 different grills on my deck to satisfy my needs..... :P

Smoker/BBQ (wood or charcoal)

GrillsontheDeck003.jpg

Wood/Charcoal fire pit (note the grill part on top of the unit that swings out for cooking)

GrillsontheDeck004.jpg

Ducane Natural Gas Grill (for when I feel like a Nancy Boy... :o )

GrillsontheDeck005.jpg

What more could a man ask for.... :thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

I have both the BGE and the WSMC and they both serve a purpose.

The BGE gets hotter for steak, it can sustain lower temps for longer periods of time (with the use of the BBQ Guru) and uses much less charcoal than the WSMC.

The WSMC is very portable and I often take it camping or to friends to cook for them.

I like them both, but the BGE is my workhorse.

:-)

Edited by Rodney King

I made an electric smoker out of a 55-gal drum. It works awesome for meats but can't use for cheese. I have seen a lot of the bbq/smokers but I prefer to have 2 seperate pieces. It comes down to a preference thing. I found that what I liked in a smoker and what I liked in a bbq were pretty different so I split the difference. I ended up making a smoker for less than $100. PM me if you want some details on how to make. Either way you go, nothing is better than slow smoked pork of beef brisket. mmmmm now I'm hungry and it's not even 8:30