Anyone make Bucktail Jigs in the T.O area?

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

I need some black bucktail jigs and all the stores have only little ones or ones with a round head and I dont like that! I need a few 1/4 3/8 and 1/2.

I need some black bucktail jigs and all the stores have only little ones or ones with a round head and I dont like that! I need a few 1/4 3/8 and 1/2.

Why don't you tie up your own? Honestly - it couldn't be easier. Buy some heads you like, a chunk of black bucktail, some thread and a little bottle of head cement. Give it an hour and you'll have a year's worth of jigs for just a few bucks.

Guest Johnny Bass

I have been tying buck tails for a few years in several patterns. My brother do well on them on Pike, bass and walleye.. as well as perch and crappie... Im located in mississauga.

OK. What would you charge and can I see any samples? I prefer pointed jig heads to rip through the weeds. And I want them around 3 inches long. All Black, maybe black/ green.

Guest Johnny Bass

Why don't you tie up your own? Honestly - it couldn't be easier. Buy some heads you like, a chunk of black bucktail, some thread and a little bottle of head cement. Give it an hour and you'll have a year's worth of jigs for just a few bucks.

Really? Sounds like an idea. I bought one in Orillia for 75cents and just wanted 5 or 6 but if I get really good at it, I will consider making my own. Worst comes to worse, I will drive up to Orillia and get some more when I go fishing at Sparrow Lake.

Guest Johnny Bass

Tightlines in Pickering has a great selection in stock right now. Very close to the highway on Brock Rd.

Check em out, lots of colours and sizes

Thanks. Called and they have a great selection. Ranging from $2.50 - $5. I might go get some, but I decided to buy some bucktail and make a few of my own and see how that goes. Worse comes to worse? I only wasted $10.

Can`t help you up there Johnny, but some days hair jigs will out fish rubber skirt ones on rocks and gravel for smallies and largemouth, black, black and green, black and orange, black and blue, black and chartruse. Powder painted heads or an epoxy coat over paint with help the color stay on the head,