Snapped rods(warranty)

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

I have a Shimano Clarus that is missing the bushing off the first eye and it scrapes the line and I just snapped a Fenwick HMX. What are the warranties on these two rods? If I am not mistaken its atleast 2 years.

Do I take it in to BPS and they will take care of it?

I also Have a Abu Garcia C3 reel. That I bought 2 years ago. I hardly used it and bought it for trolling big Musky baits which I didn't end up doing. Now I must have used it about 20times max and doesn't the handle fall into the water on a cast?I bought the handles they have at BPS, but it still comes off once in awhile. What is the warranty on these things? These C3 are supposed to be as tough as nails.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Rods are usually not guareenteed against angler error. If you closed the car door on it...don't expect them to replace it for free.

I know I've damaged some Loomis rods and took them back to where I bought them. They shipped them back to Loomis and Loomis shipped the replacement items to the shop that sent them out.

One time they agreed it was a manufacturer's defect and I paid just shipping, one time they determined it was my fault...I had to pay shipping and the "cost" of the rod...which worked out to less than half of what a new one would have cost. One time they had discontinued the model of rod I sent them so they sent me the closest thing they had...a rod worth a lot more than the one I sent them.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. Will take them in and see what they say.

Hard to see how you can lose a handle on a C3, Johnny. They all have a cap on them. Didn't yours have one? At any rate, it still needs to be repaired....yeah, Aikman's.