careful of the sun

chessy

my daughter is a red head and has to look cool when going out . this is what happens to cool kids when going out with friends and play on the beach.

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

it hurts like hell.. and is home drinking lots of fluids do any of you think she will learn her lesson .

I learned my lesson a few years ago.... Started fishing at around 10 AM with no shirt on... it was the first actuall hot day of summer. I was outside till just before dark !!! I couldnt wear a shirt for 2 days... couldn't work... If I got goosebumps, It was agony ! hahaha My entire back was covered in blisters. It was NOT fun !!!!

That's a nasty burn for sure...Can't help but feel for her. A couple years ago my friend went to Morocco to fish for carp. Shirt-less, without sunscreen and without a hat...He was side-lined from doing anything for about a month.LOL

For all the days I'm out on the water fishing, I take sun-protection very seriously.

Also need to guard against receiving too little sun. It's hard to believe, but I had a vitamin D defiency. It can be serious. A daily dose of D-3 has me put me where I belong.

Yes…Vitamin D is required to process calcium in your body and it may significantly reduce your risk of cancer. Not even vitamin D enriched foods and drinks have the same potency as just going outside. My doctor recommended 15mins of sun exposure before and/or after the peak times (like 11am-4pm when the sun is at it’s brightest).

Worked out doors all through university, usually in boats for the MNR. No shirt, no sunscreen, no hat, no sunglasses. At the ripe age of 53 I had a mole removed that was cancerous. Fortunately I got it early and that was it, just surgery. It's never too late to protect yourself but it's most important before the age of 18 since we get over 50% of our sun exposure before that age.