St Mary's

My son has a ballgame at the Hall of Fame tomorrow and I have to have him there an 1 1/2 early. Thinking of fishing some of the quarries right along the road there. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?How, what, where?

I'm not sure if they still allow fishing in the quarries, but if you can, the one on the west side of the road is probably the best bet. There's a nice flatrock spot on the river side to cast from.

But if you want to wade head a few blocks farther into town and watch for the bridge going west across the river, then turn left on Thomas St and head south to the edge of town, anywhere from the big conveyor bridge and out from there. There are lots of pools in there and it's easy wading. If you want carp or suckers there are lots. Smallmouths are there but of course not in season. There are pike along there as well and rumour has it there are walleye in there now too but I can't find 'em.

JF

I'm not sure if they still allow fishing in the quarries, but if you can, the one on the west side of the road is probably the best bet. There's a nice flatrock spot on the river side to cast from.

But if you want to wade head a few blocks farther into town and watch for the bridge going west across the river, then turn left on Thomas St and head south to the edge of town, anywhere from the big conveyor bridge and out from there. There are lots of pools in there and it's easy wading. If you want carp or suckers there are lots. Smallmouths are there but of course not in season. There are pike along there as well and rumour has it there are walleye in there now too but I can't find 'em.

JF

Yes you can fish in the west quarry, there i am opening at the end near the tennis courts, John's other suggestion is also a good place to start.

Wildwood lake might also be an option for you, either along the dam or off of the first bridge.