Walleye Suck!

Not really, but they are hard to catch....at least for me. I finally got the walleye bug last year after always only fishing for bass. I tried Balsam and Rice with no luck. This past week, I went to the French River for a 3 day trip (first trip of the year) determined to catch some walleye....again no luck. I am not starting off well. The weather was brutal for fishing....30 degrees, no wind and full sun....but still...COME ON!

I got up at 5am, I jigged in the narrows with jig and minnow, I trolled minnow baits, I fished off the dock at night with just a minnow and split shot. I tried to find some weeds, but for some reason, the weed beds are still non-existent, or VERY sparse. It did make me feel better to hear everyone say that the fishing was tough though.

I did catch some nice pike and OOS smallmouth....one absolute brute which was nice.

Heading back up to the French River in 3 weeks to try round 2...wish me luck.

They are easy to catch if you know where to be, and when. Also what to use, the right depth, temp, and location. Sometimes you can't go wrong. We've been doing very well on the eyes for the last week. They're smashing everything. Fish aggresive.

S.

Not really, but they are hard to catch....at least for me. I finally got the walleye bug last year after always only fishing for bass. I tried Balsam and Rice with no luck. This past week, I went to the French River for a 3 day trip (first trip of the year) determined to catch some walleye....again no luck. I am not starting off well. The weather was brutal for fishing....30 degrees, no wind and full sun....but still...COME ON!

I got up at 5am, I jigged in the narrows with jig and minnow, I trolled minnow baits, I fished off the dock at night with just a minnow and split shot. I tried to find some weeds, but for some reason, the weed beds are still non-existent, or VERY sparse. It did make me feel better to hear everyone say that the fishing was tough though.

I did catch some nice pike and OOS smallmouth....one absolute brute which was nice.

Heading back up to the French River in 3 weeks to try round 2...wish me luck.

i feel your pain i have been trying out walleye fishing this year and its not going well at all haven't been able to find even one

the fishing can be tough in that area, we fished the north channel (not too far from Schells, and as busy) for years, it was tough, a couple years I didn't catch a walleye all week,

a good technique is to have a nap in the afternoon, and fish from 8pm until midnight, troll stick baits after dark in 6 to 10 feet of water, fishing after dark is tough and buggy but we seemed to do better and got some bigger fish too