walleye help at rice lake

FishNut

On sunday I'm taking a trip up to rice lake for walleye ( hopefully) I went once last year and had no luck.. I'm going up with my girls dad so I gotta bring him to some fish lol... Can someone give me some tips, its gonna be like 30 degrees sunday, catch and release only so any spots won't be depleted, I fish for sport only

Good Luck..... Some People Where Successful On The Lake Depending Which park of the lake your going to be launching. Theres a nice place somewhere near north of bewdley around the rail road tracks that may have some. Last Year I Caught About Four Of Them(two under the slot size) but the three out of the four was caught trolling the waters. The one spot I caught with a crank bait(rapala minow) was around the rail road tracks. Another tip I heard from someone else was a jig and minow. All I can say is good luck. Might be worth buying a map of the lake that shows you the depth and common areas of where certain species of fish are(helped alot when I first came up to Rice Lake).

Cheers,

Todd

Guest Johnny Bass

Look for decent(green) weed beds. And fish the edges of it.Jig nice and slow and if that doesn't work, jig more aggressively(with a snap).Good luck.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Look for decent weed beds. And fish the edges of it.Jig nice and slow and if that doesn't work, jig more aggressively(with a snap).Good luck.

Yeah What He Said. :)

Also Forgot To Mention The Water Level Is Kinda Low So Theres A Lotta Weeds On The Surface(over the long weekend). Dont Know What Its Is Now... Hopefully It went up?

Cheers,

Todd