Lakers from the long Weekend

Cudz

Got out for some lakers and whities over the weekend. Can't catch whitefish but I have a handle on the lake trout.

First fish weighed 6.4 pounds and I hooked it at about 30ft after chasing my bait for 40ft. Because it hit so high up it was really lively when I got it on the boat and it was moving so much when I was holding it, he broke the area around the gill and lower jawbone. Not nice and much blood but it was dinner.maylaker1.jpg

The video is me catching a 7 pounder and I had no net to land it. Finally manged to do a double hand underbelly sweep into the boat. both fish on 8 pound test. Fun.

th_laker.jpg

This pic is of the 7 pounder landed sans net from the video. This pic was taken after the fish was on ice for some time, hence the rigor mortis and funny looking eye.

maylaker2.jpg

Nice fish and nothing wrong with a little rigor before eating! I was out sunday morning over to Thorah from the west side and didn't have any luck trolling or jigging but it sure was an awesome weekend to be out enjoying it.Heck of a lot of bugs out there glad I brought the head net.

Kerry

Awesome trout Cudzy,

love the video.

You are not allowed to be inspired by me anymore...you catch way bigger trout than i ever do! :thumbsup_anim::worthy:

At the start of my video at the 8 second mark, if you listen closely, I make reference to limeyangler. I say something like "Limeyangler style". lol.

I couldn't figure out how you took your vids then on one video I saw your shadow on the water and I could see exactly how you were holding your camera. It works great, especially when you catch fish down deep and there is lots time to get thing ready.

Edited by Cudz

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Vid. Still looking forward to catching my first Lake trout! Hopefully next year! Doesn't look like they come up like an old boot to me!