lake conestoga

stan_133

just wondering if anyone has been out to lake conestoga. im thinking about hitting it up this weekend but i haven't heard a thing about this lake.

Theres pike,perch,bass and the odd pickerel in the lake.Below the dam Ive mainly caught pike and bass,there should be pickerel in the river as well.

just wondering if anyone has been out to lake conestoga. im thinking about hitting it up this weekend but i haven't heard a thing about this lake.

If your going with a boat you might want to take into consideration how busy this lake gets on a wknd.I swore never to go there on a wknd, the lake is so busy depending on time at peak 10am-4pm will take you an hour tolaunch and maybe more to pick the boat up & I think they have 4 launches!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive fished it a few times over many years and never caught anything. As mentioned there are pike, bass (oos), perch and Pickeral according to friends that I have that live there but they are few and far between.

I canoed there one weekend many years ago. Read the thread on bad boating and I'll tell you they were all on that lake that weekend. My wife swore never again! I think the lack of oxygen in the water runs up their legs and affects their brains. It's too small for the amount of boats.

Belwood is a better option but the Pike Derby is on this weekend so it'll be a zoo too. :wallbash:

Dan O.

If you've got an electric motor you may want to think about guelph lake if you're in the area. Since gas motors are not allowed you don't get nearly as many yahoos flying all over the place. It can actually be peaceful. There are some pike in there and crappie as well, though it's not the fishery rice is.

Edited by timmeh

About 4 years ago I caught perch and the odd bass in the lake,

fishing from shore . Also, a few springs ago I caught a few bass and

one walleye below the dam, bust since both species were OOS, I

moved away from the spot and caught nothing else. Shouldn't be also

brook/brown trout in the river below the dam?

I haven't been there recently.

they used to stock bows in there as well....not sure if they still do or even have the trout derby there anymore...as stated the sea doo pressure ripping around that lake is extreme pushing the fish to the bottom ( makes it for tough fishing) i have caught pics bows pike and bass in there ...but i was sworn off of ever going back...I agree with Dan...waste of time and not worth the drive....if your looking for a quiet lake and not as far north you might want to try Wildwood just west of Elginfield...same species less the bows