Anything new for bass this year?

Hey everybody, looking to get some more tackle this weekend and I'm asking to see if there is anything that came up over the winter that I should try for bass this season. It could be new plastics, hardbaits or spinnerbaits. What ever it is share the info so I can look for some cool stuff. Also, would like to give soft plastic swimbaits a try this season. Berkley Hollow Belly or Money Minnow???

Thanks for reading, maybe well hear of some new gear!

MTBF

Hey Mike, the Walmart in Whitby had a sell off bin of lures for $3.00 each and they had Spooks in it! You should check your local one and see if they have any deals on lures. Even if you have some of what's in the bin it's good to have a backup at that price...

Hmm, I got a zara puppy(small spook) but I really dont use it. When I fish open water top water i fish Skitter pops. I'm a popper guy I guess but I'll check out wal mart.

Thanks guys!

As for the plastics all I'll really use are 3 and 4" chigger craws, and 5" senkos...snag proof frogs, spinnerbaits and flipping jigs.

Targeting big fish this summer, no more 2lb and under photo's haha

Hmm, I got a zara puppy(small spook) but I really dont use it. When I fish open water top water i fish Skitter pops. I'm a popper guy I guess but I'll check out wal mart.

Thanks guys!

As for the plastics all I'll really use are 3 and 4" chigger craws, and 5" senkos...snag proof frogs, spinnerbaits and flipping jigs.

Targeting big fish this summer, no more 2lb and under photo's haha

buckeye lures mop jigs are great if your looking for big bites. as for hollow bellie swimbaits berkley hollow belly and the ones that bassmagnet maakes are the best ones on the market as far as im concerned. the spro little john md is a wicked crankbait you might want to try.another swimbait you might want to try is the jerry rago bv 3d line through theyre expensive but they got great action

My go to bait now is Berkeley heavy weight worms. I have caught fish on these no matter where I have fished and they hit them very hard. When nothing else has worked these have every time.

They are not widely available in Canada yet from what I have seen. Cabela's, Wholesale Sports and BPS have them, but often on back order :dunno:

I have read many of the guys in the states are using flutter spoons with some success.

Also can't beat a big flipping jig with a good chunk on it for big bass.

Cigar sized senko type baits have got me a big bass or two in the past - 7" minimum.

I've been eye'ing these too. Amazing action.

same!

as for new stuff the guys were on the money when they said Spooks ! I love spooks.. but thats cuz i probably have ADD and hate to "pause" my lures.. such as poppers. and much rather walk them. and have caught fish on them bass-pike-musky..

as for soft body swimbaits I baught a wack of them and never really got into it.. a few of my friends did.. and they do catch fish.

other then that being said I know personally that ya sure I'll keep adding to my tackle.. but I like to "learn new techniques and try to perfect them" instead of letting all my tackle pile up.. and pushing the less used lures into the corner.. only because i dont like them or never took the time to find out if they will catch me fish!

but hey new gear is always fun to play with..

Edited by fish-meister

I've been eye'ing these too. Amazing action.

I'll post what I catch on them and get back to you guys on my next fishing trip. Likely they will be ripped apart because of pike.

@fish-meister . You talking about the Zara spooks? I tried those way back when they first came out and over the years. I'm not so good at imparting action with them like the pro do. This winter I found the Sammy type topwater lures that I've been told make walking the dog is a lot easier and the rear end sits lower in the water for easier hookups. I'm hesitant to go out now and try them cause I don't walk to get accused of OOS bass.

Sammy

Edited by Syn

ya Syn I have been looking at those Sammy's tempted.

My goal this year is to get one of those beauty hardbody swimbaits that you teased me with when every1 was showing off there tackle/gear..!

Yeah I can't wait to try them too..in deeper water. I heard the 5" ones are good for trophy bass too.

Edited by Syn