Exciting afternoon at work today

DRIFTER_016

So here I am sitting in my office yaking on the phone with Solopaddler and all these sirens are going off as a string of fire engines go racing past my office to a fire about 3 or 4 blocks away. :w00t:

I look out the window and to my surprise it is an apartment building (not good). Thick black smoke is billowing out of the roof and there are flames to be seen in the smoke. :(

Interesting to watch but I can only think where are all these poor people going to sleep tonight and where are they going to live when the fire is out? :dunno:

Sorry about the poor quality cell phone pics. :blush:

IMG00088.jpg

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

IMG00095.jpg

IMG00097.jpg

Alot of the times when you see a fire like that, with the extremely heavy black smoke coming from the roof, it's actually not nearly as bad as it looks and is nothing more than tar and asphalt roofing materials that are burning. Infact there was a similar fire on top of a hi-rise in Toronto just a couple weeks back.

Lotsa fire, smoke and great photo ops, but relatively easy to extinguish and often with very little $$$$ loss.

Not saying fer sure that's the deal, but that's the way it appears to me from the pictures.

Be interesting to hear the whole story once you get the details Drifter.

Alot of the times when you see a fire like that, with the extremely heavy black smoke coming from the roof, it's actually not nearly as bad as it looks and is nothing more than tar and asphalt roofing materials that are burning. Infact there was a similar fire on top of a hi-rise in Toronto just a couple weeks back.

Lotsa fire, smoke and great photo ops, but relatively easy to extinguish and often with very little $$$$ loss.

Not saying fer sure that's the deal, but that's the way it appears to me from the pictures.

Be interesting to hear the whole story once you get the details Drifter.

And what would you know about fires?? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

lol. Just kidding.

Wow, that is exciting.

I work in the Markham/Richmond Hill area and had the plane on the roof accident this afternoon. Not too far from my office. Very sad and as Wayne said, two people lost their lives :(

Hope everyone in the apartment was okay.

Joey

Hope everyone's OK...

The only exciting thing I ever saw while at work was watching a bad driver parallel park into the cars both in front and behind it X 3...Then turning the fire hydrant on the sidewalk into a fountain...Then driving off...

So, what's the outcome?

I'll update when I find out tomorrow.

and they have cars? :dunno: , I thought they put wheels on the dogsleds for the summer!

Wheels on the dog sleds, PUHLEEEEZE!!!! :rolleyes:

We have separate summer sleds that already have wheels on them.

They're called QUADS!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: