Shimano - Customer for life

buckhorn250

I should start this thread by saying that I am a very loyal Shimano customer. The majority of my tackle is Shimano and have always found them to have great quality through the whole spectrum on their product line...from my first baitcaster to my beloved Curados. In the spring I purchased a couple of Bob Izumi signature series rods...not top of the Shimano line, but had tried one last year and really liked the rod. I've used one rod for the last 4 or 5 weeks and have barely touched the second (walleye rod). Anyway, I noticed that the ceramic was falling off the guides! Some have no ceramic left, others are missing sections. I called Shimano today (I can't find the receipt) and explained the situation...they did not disappoint. Sounds like they received a bad batch of guides and told me to just bring the rods in and they would replace on the spot...no questions asked.

Nothing in this world is guaranteed and no matter how good your quality control...issues will arise. Great companies turn a potentially bad experience and transform it into a great one.

I've forgotten about the issue with the guides...all I can remember is the awesome experience I just had with customer service.

Shimano customer for life !

Guest Johnny Bass

Yup. Shimano is a great company with the best bang for your buck, with the Curados, the Compre's, the stradics, ect...