Long Weekend on Lake Ontario

Jen

It was a great day on the Water on Sunday with Fishmaster ( Steve) We did 6 for 8, after searching for the fish for a while we found them in almost 200 feet of water. On a day when everyone was slow at catching we were managing to keep the lines peeling out on a fairly regular basis. 40' back 144 ' down running moonshine bloody nose did the best on the riggers for me this weekend. Wire didn't hit at all.

We headed back in at around 3:00 to gas up the boat and unwind for the day... no such luck... left gas dock and a coupling went on the starboard engine... We had to haul the boat home...

A full maintenance check and she will be back in the Water for Charters this week...

Thanks for a great day out there Steve ...

However early a start it was!

may2010misc001.jpg

All fish today were released!

This is the first time I have personally seen an Atlantic caught on Lake Ontario.

may2010misc010.jpg

may2010misc009.jpg

may2010misc012.jpg

may2010misc011.jpg

may2010misc005.jpg

may2010misc003.jpg

may2010misc019.jpg

Edited by Jen

It was a nice flat day on the water forsure and with a Great Ladie that loves to learn ...hey bern what ways out lol... motor is all prime now just waiting for the coupler today and then back in it goes ...and off hunting Kings i will go ...

It was a nice flat day on the water forsure and with a Great Ladie that loves to learn ...hey bern what ways out lol... motor is all prime now just waiting for the coupler today and then back in it goes ...and off hunting Kings i will go ...

Ok Ok, so I had a little trouble with my north and south... You are just saying that cause I have now beat you twice while out on the water... On big fish... hehehe... I do learn well!

Thanks for a good day out there... I love running my own side.

Cheers

Jen

144 inches....that's not very deep????? wink.gif

Hmmmm, I guess I hit the wrong key! I bet you knew it was feet.

I really try to give as much information with my posts as I can, although you have to remember I am truly a blond~ :P

Time for an edit~

Hehehe

Jen

I can't believe Percher didn't comment on the Scotty downrigger being used to pull the engine!

may2010misc019.jpg

It amazes me how one day all the hits will be on divers, the next day riggers, the next day leadcore and when I go out, they're not hitting anything!! LOL

If my north shore skunk continues I might have to give Fishmaster Charters a call and fish a little closer to the Equator. Great report, info and pictures as usual!

-Brian