May 24 - Fishing Trip

Governator

Well I finally took a Friday off to get a nice 4 day weekend in with my buddy to go up north and get a real vacation in for once. Felt good to disconnect for a few days, we had zero cell reception the whole time so that was a bonus for me. Many thanks to BUSTER for sending me this location last year and we finaly took advantage it :thumbsup_anim:

We loaded up the Jeep and headed on our way

85273322.jpg

There are two access roads to the lake and we took the wrong one at the start. However we were rewarded with a black bear running out of the bushes infront of our jeep. He stopped on the other side to check us out for 5seconds and took off. Sadly I missed the pic as he continued his jog before I could snap but it was an awesome moment.

Anyway we arrive at our destination and my buddy Ash starts unloading:

18098732.jpg

Our little island for camp was just 500' from shore on the left:

15444944.jpg

We setup camp and were on our way:

campz.jpg

Our view:

viewp.jpg

Unfortunately the walleye weren't biting for us on day one. I was sad:

rockbass.jpg

Saturday Morning we started the day off with some bannock:

bannock.jpg

After a long day of fishing we both finally landed an 'eye from the same hatch, both about 21".

jaywalleye.jpg

ashwalleye.jpg

It was dinner time for us:

dinner1t.jpg

dinner2.jpg

We landed a couple more walleye over the weekend but most importantly it was a nice break from life. Here was a nice pic to end a peaceful trip:

loon.jpg

Edited by Governator

oHH man thats awsome.. heck a friend and myself where talking about this spot on the week-end!!!!! All we cought over 4 days was lots of pike,we said ahh this wouldnt happen if we just went to ash lk. Really happy you guys had a good time!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

When your ready for your next trip let me know!

oHH man thats awsome.. heck a friend and myself where talking about this spot on the week-end!!!!! All we cought over 4 days was lots of pike,we said ahh this wouldnt happen if we just went to ash lk. Really happy you guys had a good time!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

When your ready for your next trip let me know!

That's hilarious, if you went there you would've been thinking who are these jerks who stole our spot? lol. Would've been a heck of a boat ride to another island as we took 2 trips.

Thanks again for the spot, it was a nice bonus having amazing weather all weekend.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. I fished in Sudbury and was told there were alot of bears in the area. We waited around at the dumpster but they never showed up!And that fish batter looks great! What is it??

Man that bannock looks awesome you have a recipe? Awesome fish by the way :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks it's pretty basic recipe really. Something like this:

1 cup of whole wheat flour (Comes out tasting a lot nicer than white imo)

teaspoon of baking powder

tablespoon of milk powder

tablespoon of sugar

pinch of salt

I just throw all the dry ingredients in a ziplock bag. When you mix in your water at camp try to keep it thick, should sort of look like a softball. I just cook it in a bit of oil in the frying pan (on a low-med heat if possible). Takes approx. 10min per side. Just make sure you shake the frying pan until it seperates itself because if it sticks to it you're screwed (Happened to 1 of the 3 on the weekend, makes a crumbled mess).

Great Report. I fished in Sudbury and was told there were alot of bears in the area. We waited around at the dumpster but they never showed up!And that fish batter looks great! What is it??

Yea it was cool to see the bear, just glad I never saw one around camp lol.

It was Fish Crisp Garlic Butter (new to us). We added water to it, made it more pub style. Honestly, not a big fan of it, has a strong bold taste. I think I'll stick with beer batter or plain italien in future.