The CO’s made a few bucks last weekend

NAW

I’ve been going to the same small lake in Muskoka for May 24 every year for the past 4 years. The crew I’ve been going with have been going there for 10+ years.

Nobody has ever seen an OPP, or MNR officer there, ever.

To set the scene, the lake is a small conservation area, with no cottages, and a treacherous boat launch. Through the summer, it’s a quite lake, but on the long weekends, it gets CRAZY. (dangerously crazy)

I would say 90% of the boats on the lake are not legal. As in, no life jackets, no safety kits, drunk drivers, etc..

On our way back to the launch on Monday, don’t I get stopped by a CO paddling around in a canoe going from campsite to campsite.

I was running a canoe with a Minn Kota, so he asked to see my operator’s card. I showed him my card, and also my fishing license. I had all the safety gear required, so we shot it for a few minutes, and he was on his way.

One of my buddies got dinged with a $240 ticket for not having enough life jackets in the boat. He could have been strung out for $600, cuz he was two jackets short, and had no safety kit. So I guess he got of easy..

It was good to see him out there. I love getting stopped by CO’s. It makes all the extra effort of being legal worthwhile!

As for the fishing. I managed a few decent pike. Also managed to keep the bass off my line. Didn’t catch a single OOS fish the whole weekend. Tossing large Williams spoons.

Edited by F-is-H

The worst part is he has to appear in court to pay his no life jacket fine. My buddy got pinched last year for not enough life jackets in his boat and he had to appear before a judge. He said the judge scolded him like a little boy in front of a full house. Rather embarassing to say the least.

The worst part is he has to appear in court to pay his no life jacket fine. My buddy got pinched last year for not enough life jackets in his boat and he had to appear before a judge. He said the judge scolded him like a little boy in front of a full house. Rather embarassing to say the least.

You can't just pay the ticket? Why do they make you go to court??