the water went up nipissing

pikeguy

Sorry, I just don't see how that's possible. The water level here on the north shore has not moved in weeks. I watch it every day and have certain level indicators that I watch closely. If anything the water has dropped a tiny amount in the last week.

Hi fellas, DH here from Pennsylvania. Last night I spoke with Frank, one of the owners from Memquisit on the west arm, regarding water level. He told me that the water levels have rebounded, in his words, "a couple inches", and that he expects to see an additional increase, perhaps as much as a foot. It will be interesting to see what the Public Works website update says. It is scheduled for an update today.

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/ontario/eaux-water/renseignement-information-eng.html

Sorry, I just don't see how that's possible. The water level here on the north shore has not moved in weeks. I watch it every day and have certain level indicators that I watch closely. If anything the water has dropped a tiny amount in the last week.

Sorry i'm not a scientist that can explain how this works out,but i do know that there was more water at the launch in Laving and at my sisters dock.

It can very well be the wind that we had when i went out i do not doubt that, Maybe the west end is on a lower axis the east end and maybe the basin is much shallower then then the east i have know idea but all i did was take the pictures and posted them,They give me hope

And hope right know is all we have till the water comes up if it ever does!!

Well the yardstick that I nailed to the side of my dock back in the middle of April says no rise at all. Unless I nailed it to a floating dock LOL. :wallbash:

here is a link to data; http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/graph/graph_e.html?stn=02DD006&cmo=&prm1=3&prm2=-1&mode=graph&smo=4&sday=12&syr=2010&emo=5&eday=20&eyr=2010&y1min=&y1max=&mean=1&min=1&y2min=&y2max=

pikeguy ... just wondering where you shot those pictures. The background looks a lot to me like the area (to the right) from Don's Island out towards Umbrella Island (even though the Umbrella pic on the inside is long gone), then Pickerel Rock beyond that? Am I close?

Hi fellas, DH here from Pennsylvania. Last night I spoke with Frank, one of the owners from Memquisit on the west arm, regarding water level. He told me that the water levels have rebounded, in his words, "a couple inches", and that he expects to see an additional increase, perhaps as much as a foot. It will be interesting to see what the Public Works website update says. It is scheduled for an update today.

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/ontario/eaux-water/renseignement-information-eng.html

Not sure where the foot of water will come from.

The inflow isn't enough right now to compensate for the evaporation that is taking place.

This heat wave will make it even worse.

Hopefully this heat will bring in some rain....without the lightning.

Unless we get 10 straight days of high precipitation ,, I really can't see where the H2O will come from.

The main artery for lake Nipissing, the Sturgeon River is as low as it can get from the mouth of the lake to Capreol On.... where there are usually raging chutes is nothing but a trickle... the Temagami River watershed is the same.

Randy

:canadian:

Well the yardstick that I nailed to the side of my dock back in the middle of April says no rise at all. Unless I nailed it to a floating dock LOL. :wallbash:

here is a link to data; http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/graph/graph_e.html?stn=02DD006&cmo=&prm1=3&prm2=-1&mode=graph&smo=4&sday=12&syr=2010&emo=5&eday=20&eyr=2010&y1min=&y1max=&mean=1&min=1&y2min=&y2max=

Hey SandyBay,

How big is the beach this year? Must be huge! Any water by the big dock?

Still trying to decide if we'll be coming up with the big Stanley this year. Differing schedules mean that I cannot commit to anything.

Mike G.

pikeguy ... just wondering where you shot those pictures. The background looks a lot to me like the area (to the right) from Don's Island out towards Umbrella Island (even though the Umbrella pic on the inside is long gone), then Pickerel Rock beyond that? Am I close?

23.jpg

i don't know if you can enlarge this pic if you can not pm me and i will sent it to you

the red is were my rock is and the green is umbrella island that i know

hope this helps you figure this out

Hey SandyBay,

How big is the beach this year? Must be huge! Any water by the big dock?

Still trying to decide if we'll be coming up with the big Stanley this year. Differing schedules mean that I cannot commit to anything.

Mike G.

Hi Mike

Lots of beach to rake this year. You can do it with your Stanley I put mine in yesterday and I have it docked my my usual spot. Its about 18" below normal levels for August.

Jeff

23.jpg

i don't know if you can enlarge this pic if you can not pm me and i will sent it to you

the red is were my rock is and the green is umbrella island that i know

hope this helps you figure this out

thanks pikeguy, I know where you mean now. We mostly fish along both sides of Little Oak Island, and the "Umbrella Island" I was referring to would be off your picture in the top right corner. I have not ventured over to Hay Narrows, but one guy who comes up in August (when I go back with wife and kids) goes over there and says its very treacherous. He is very experienced, but still, last August he limped back to camp on his 5hp kicker, after taking out the prop on his main motor. I like catching fish, but also like to relax and not have to worry about hitting rocks in unknown waters.

We've generally done ok most springs in the Walleye dept, but this year with the heat and low water, we might be too late?

Guess we'll find out for sure in a few days. I'll post some sort of report when we get back, around end of next week (June 6th or thereabouts). Hopefully I'll have a picture or two worth sharing?

Edited by JimC