What is this Lure?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

canadian wiggler. flatfish has a much flatter head... haven't heard of a lazy ike. must be an old timer thing. :whistling:

Thanks for speaking up first Dad!

There are more ol boys than u two guys... maybe they went to bed already!

It doesn't look like a custom bait though... it looks old ... maybe Broken Bobber can take a pic of his and post it on this thread too.

There are more ol boys than u two guys... maybe they went to bed already!

It doesn't look like a custom bait though... it looks old ... maybe Broken Bobber can take a pic of his and post it on this thread too.

Mine is up at the cottage, won't be there until next month.

How old do u think it is ?

I think mine has to be at least 10 years or more

I have a couple of these lures in yellow. I think they must date back to the seventies. If I remember correctly, they were made by Luhr Jensen. I picked they up at a dumpy tackle shop down on Kingston Rd in east end Toronto called Rebbies a few years ago. That place carries tonnes of out dated lures.

Think it is an old Luhr Jensen " Fishback ". believe I have one somewhere

edit: did the google thing, came up with this , looks like them

http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/Old_Relics/Lure%20Displays/?action=view&current=IM007410.jpg&currenttag=Fishback%20display%20Luhr%20Jensen

Edited by dave524

The one I have is the middle one on the right hand side, the glo phlorescent green, it has very stout galvanized hooks, probably got it for pier casting staging Kings at night. Flatfish type lures were at one time very popular for salmon in the lake, Heddon had one called a " Tadpolly " I did well with on spring Kings, Luhr Jensen had the "Fireplug " a spring fishing staple in the late 70's, " Kwikfish " was popular as it handled speed better then the Helin " Flatfish " and my personal favourite was the "Canadian Wiggler " in the jointed model great on salmon and deadly on Erie eyes too, for eyes we would add a bit of nightcrawler to the front treble. There were probably others too.

The one I have is the middle one on the right hand side, the glo phlorescent green, it has very stout galvanized hooks, probably got it for pier casting staging Kings at night. Flatfish type lures were at one time very popular for salmon in the lake, Heddon had one called a " Tadpolly " I did well with on spring Kings, Luhr Jensen had the "Fireplug " a spring fishing staple in the late 70's, " Kwikfish " was popular as it handled speed better then the Helin " Flatfish " and my personal favourite was the "Canadian Wiggler " in the jointed model great on salmon and deadly on Erie eyes too, for eyes we would add a bit of nightcrawler to the front treble. There were probably others too.

Still have a couple of Fireplugs somewhere.

Lots of Tadpolly's, they're deadly (and still sold).

Good call on the Fishback! :)

The head of the lure looks a LOT wider on the one I have. But I think it's close.

Think it is an old Luhr Jensen " Fishback ". believe I have one somewhere

edit: did the google thing, came up with this , looks like them

http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/Old_Relics/Lure%20Displays/?action=view&current=IM007410.jpg&currenttag=Fishback%20display%20Luhr%20Jensen

YEP! That's it... The one I have is the bottom right.

My old faithfull....ALWAYS catch Pike with it.

Thanks for finding that photo.