Catch of the long weekend

mistyjr1

Sounds like my kind of fight. :clapping:

Well done in landing it. What happened to your reel?

I dont really know what happened to the reel, but for a reel meant to be paired with the ML that came in the combo im not surprised though.

sweet! did you get scratched by the scutes? did they itch?

Yeah i did get scratched by the spikes (or scutes?) on the side, the reason i had to grab her like that was because when i grabbed it by the tail it kicked and almost knocked me into the water, with the fish so i decided this would be the better choice, but no they didnt itch, only thing that itched from the weekend was the bug bites.

Edited by Mistyjr1

I caught one two yrs ago on the Ottawa while tubing a shoal for sm bass. I felt a hit and set the hook and the fight was on. It towed my bass boat 100 yrds into deeper water and then turned around and towed me back to the shoal. When I got her up to the boat my jig was about 1 inch above her tail. I had no net and had to tail her. Finally got her in the boat a weighed her on my digital scales and she was 38 lbs. Awesome fish Corey way to go.

thats awesome...cognrats...i hope to get one in my life...did catch one with a net once, mind you it was floating on lake superior dead...only about 4ft long.

Congrats on the catch!

congrats on the awesome fish, like most never caught one heard stories and say pics in the paper but thats all i can not imagine the fight, Caught some big musky but i don't think they can compare to that.

Again congrats hop you have more great adventures to come and enjoy thumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif