A Day On the Water With Fishhunter

Headed out with Lloyd, aka Fishhunter/Machete Man/The Pirate Captain, on Sunday May 23rd for some May 24 weekend walleye. The weatherman was calling for sun/cloud and highs of around 25 degrees (more like bass fishing weather) with winds of 10-15 km S-SE.

Arrived at Picton Harbour around 5:30 am and waited for the rest of our party to arrive...daking_eh2007 (Nestor...hope I spelled that right!!!) and Romeo. Shortly thereafter the boys arrived, so Juli, Lloyd, they and I headed out into "the Bay"!!

IMG_1156.jpg

After a short boat ride Lloyd started setting up the baits.

IMG_1166.jpg

The waiting began, as Lloyd says..."walleye, the hurry up and wait fish"!

IMG_1170.jpg

The three of us guys decided to be chivalrous, so we let Juli have first turn. Here she is playing the first walleye of the day.

DSCN0113.jpg

Happy girl with a small "eater"!!

DSCN0115.jpg

I was up next...didn't take long.

IMG_1173.jpg

Another one for the livewell!!

IMG_1174.jpg

Romeo with his first.

IMG_1197.jpg

Lloyd netting the next fish.

IMG_1177.jpg

Nestor with his fish...mission accomplished for Lloyd, everybody had one in "the bag"!

IMG_1184.jpg

Juli playing her second, followed by the result.

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

Took a little bit, but, here's a close-up of my second.

IMG_1191.jpg

Romeo added another, which turned out to be the last fish of the day. Tough conditions, with changing weather and fronts going through all day. The other skippers we were in contact with had about the same results. Juli and I had a great time out on the water and taking home four nice eaters was bonus.

Nestor and I talking fishing, while I was driving.

IMG_1199.jpg

Some of the weapons of choice...

IMG_1257.jpg

Lloyd's secrets revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fake rain...spraying with the hose to fool the walleyes, LOL!!!!

DSCN0126.jpg

The "money shot"...our happy group with the catch.

DSCN0134.jpg

Lloyd donning his "machete man" apron, cleaning the catch and putting them in the bag for me...class act all the way!!!!

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

Just wanted to thank Lloyd for an awesome day out on the water! Also thanks to Juli for the first half of my birthday present...nothing better for me than getting out on the water. Lloyd treats his guests with respect, and, works damn hard to put them on fish. Hope to have the opportunity to get out with you for some salmon/trout, Lloyd!!!

With endorsements from the likes of Roy, Terry and Wayne...I knew we were in for a good time!!!

Juli and I will e-mail you the pics of the other boat that she shot, Lloyd!

One last photo...heading back to Woodstock, going up the bridge, just before Desoronto.

IMG_1324.jpg

Edited by FRANKIE65

That old guy is gonna hear a big CLICK around midnight and have a harder time getting up in the morning!!!!

Great outing Frank!

Speaking of the "old guy"...yeah, tomorrow is his birthday (couple of weeks before mine). Happy Birthday, Lloyd...hope you and your brother's group had a great day on the water today!!!!

Thanks, Wayne...tough day on the water overall, but, still great results. Lloyd and I agree, it isn't all about numbers of fish. It is the total experience. I know it was frustrating him to not be able to get the group more (especially when we were marking them), but, compared to some of the others on the water our numbers were very respectable. Anybody that hasn't been out with Lloyd, don't pass up the opportunity. My shamefull plug, LOL...seriously though, he will treat you well. Loved seeing and hearing about his ice fishing excursions, as well. I got the "hardwater bug" big time this past winter. The laker he caught through the ice was amazing!!

and don't forget who the camera man was...LOL

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

and don't forget who the camera man was...LOL

<

Yup...that was a HOLY CRAP, Oh my God...fish, all the way!!!!! Much as I am loving the softwater fishing, and getting my boat out (come on musky opener!!!!!!!), I can't wait for the hardwater season again!

It was nice meeting you guys and gal lol and enjoying a day on the water. It sucked with that crazy weather yesterday but today was perfect.It was a great day going 16 for 24 and a 14 lb drum to boot. And Wayne im not getting older im holding at 45. no click at 12 lol

It was nice meeting you guys and gal lol and enjoying a day on the water. It sucked with that crazy weather yesterday but today was perfect.It was a great day going 16 for 24 and a 14 lb drum to boot. And Wayne im not getting older im holding at 45. no click at 12 lol

Nice going, and, wow on the 14 lb drum!! It didn't suck, anytime on the water is great!!! If you are holding at 45, then I'm sticking to 44, LOL!!!