Nanticoke silvers

spincast

Last week Raptorfan and me got skunked on LP bay - a sad way to christen the new boat. Sounded like we weren't alone - Reports the beginning of this week indicated the fishing was staying slow out there- plus with the inner harbour half closed, decided I would try Nanticoke. Hit the water about 7:00 - the creek was up an muddy water was well out past the breakwall. Hit the spot about 10 after 7 and it was already busy - a dozen or so boats all around the current. I started slow, with nothing for the first 30 - 45 minutes. All the while this one boat up closer to the shore is hooking them every cast. After he got bored and left we all slid a little closer to his spot. 2nd cast and, finally the drought is over- hello little fishy;

IMG_6595.jpg

After that, just kept searching the water with various tackle : my favourite meps maintained its position of honor;

IMG_6597.jpg

Hey team 7 my contribution - consider it a morale booster until the real bass season opens - I know it doesn't count - but I'm getting practice posting and taking photos - obviously gotta thing or two to learn here about posting pics( sorry about the orientation - - its right side up at photobucketwhistling.gif )

A white suspending rap brought a few good fights - including this little guy who must have been very hungry - the rap was half as big as him

IMG_6596.jpg

Anyway - landed about a dozen of these (Now for the discussion to begin silver bass, Bream, ? Any other names?)

also hit about or 5 decent smallies

As it started to slowdown a couple guys couldn't get the motor started so I ran them down to the marina. By the time I came back the bite was done.

All in all a good day - boated about 12 or 13, lost about 5 and got a suntan!

Everybody including the silvers went back to fight another day.

Last week Raptorfan and me got skunked on LP bay - a sad way to christen the new boat. Sounded like we weren't alone - Reports the beginning of this week indicated the fishing was staying slow out there- plus with the inner harbour half closed, decided I would try Nanticoke. Hit the water about 7:00 - the creek was up an muddy water was well out past the breakwall. Hit the spot about 10 after 7 and it was already busy - a dozen or so boats all around the current. I started slow, with nothing for the first 30 - 45 minutes. All the while this one boat up closer to the shore is hooking them every cast. After he got bored and left we all slid a little closer to his spot. 2nd cast and, finally the drought is over- hello little fishy;

IMG_6595.jpg

After that, just kept searching the water with various tackle : my favourite meps maintained its position of honor;

IMG_6597.jpg

Hey team 7 my contribution - consider it a morale booster until the real bass season opens - I know it doesn't count - but I'm getting practice posting and taking photos - obviously gotta thing or two to learn here about posting pics( sorry about the orientation - - its right side up at photobucketwhistling.gif )

A white suspending rap brought a few good fights - including this little guy who must have been very hungry - the rap was half as big as him

IMG_6596.jpg

Anyway - landed about a dozen of these (Now for the discussion to begin silver bass, Bream, ? Any other names?)

also hit about or 5 decent smallies

As it started to slowdown a couple guys couldn't get the motor started so I ran them down to the marina. By the time I came back the bite was done.

All in all a good day - boated about 12 or 13, lost about 5 and got a suntan!

Everybody including the silvers went back to fight another day.

Yup also referred to as white perch