Lost Wallet/Fishing License

Hey guys...I have just realized I lost my wallet some time in the last 24 hours and it contained my fishing license. I am going on a fishing trip in the next hour or so (booked and hours away). Is there any way that I can get a re print of my license or anything like that in this situation?

And I have already tried calling the MNR and the card services line but its a Monday-Friday line.

Edited by PickerelHunter

Go to MNR site and look up your file...print it from there... hope it works.

I recently lost my wallet too....i feel for ya.

I had to pay $10 to get a new one. They gave me a temp peice of paper and said the card will arrive in a few weeks...

THis happened to me 3 weeks ago. I called and they sent me a new one but it can take up to 20 busines days. The chick on the phone told me to go buy a temporary lisence if I needed to fish before I got it. Ridiculous.....lukcy for me my wallet was found the next day

10 bucks isn't bad but every buck at this point is crucial especially with a lost wallet (which includes money, credit card, debit card etc.) I honestly have to borrow the 10 bucks from someone. What are the consequences if a conservation officer comes and I don't have the card...can he look it up or do they have zero tolerance for it?

10 bucks isn't bad but every buck at this point is crucial especially with a lost wallet (which includes money, credit card, debit card etc.) I honestly have to borrow the 10 bucks from someone. What are the consequences if a conservation officer comes and I don't have the card...can he look it up or do they have zero tolerance for it?

You need your card with you.

When you got your card, you would have got a piece of paper with it, it will have your card number on it. Did you happen to file it for safe keeping like you are supposed to?

If so, you will now have your card number and should be able to get into your account. If nothing else, you could take that with you and a CO might cut you a little slack if you explain the situation to him nicely.

I once left my licence in another jacket pocket, in my car, parked at the access point to the river....bumped into a CO, realized when I switched jackets I left my licence behind....He asked my name, got on his radio, we waited about 20 mins until he got a call back, said I checked out and I was on my way....

legally you need to carry it, so don't expect to meet too many friendly CO's like that.

Where did you buy your licence? as long as you bought it from a store and not online you should be able to get your licence number from the store, they keep a log book and record that info at time of sale