who needs a licence

archer379

This just came up today i couldn't see anywhere in the regulation book on this so i thought i would ask here. My father in law and i are heading out saterday for some pike and he is saying that he doesn't need a licence because he is disabled. does any body know the rules for disabled persons and fishing licences

I would say he does..However after saying that i'd be inclined to call and ask. www.boatsmartexam.com look up the contact us info. Give them a call they will tell you. Hey what about non residence boaters? do they need a boat licence?

Edit.. I just read it again and the question is about a fishing licence. Im sure there is a certian age that they dont need one. Kids up to 18 dont so im sre there is a ripe old age where you dont need one anymore..Good question

Page 4 of the regs exempts (deems to be licensed) disabled Ontario and Canadian residents with CNIB cards, MTO handicapped parking permit holders etc. etc. They have to carry something that proves the disability (photocopy of parking permit or appropriate government cards) and have full license status.

Michael

Anyone who gets stopped needs some kind of license...LOL

BTW NYS has changed their laws just this week on who is eligible for a NYS Park Access Pass....I am no longer eligible since I am not BLIND or DEAF or have limbs missing from my body...just because the Federal Government says I am disabled and haven't worked on the RR for the last 7 years mean NOTHING to the bastar*s in Albany...and then they closed SEVERAL parks here that I like to launch from...paying taxes to NYS for over 30 years means nothing to them as they took my ONLY perk away from me this week.

I am now off my rant (and off my rocker)

Bob

Under 18 years and over 65 you dont need a licence. If you are disabled you dont need one. You do however need to carry a copy of your permit or something thats states you are disabled plus your ID. Both my parents do this when out with me and have been checked several times.

Isn't there something that says you don't need a license if you are mentally infirm? mellow.gif

I've been using that one for years. tease.gif

That would mean alot of us will or should be fishing for free. LMAO

Now you tell me I may not have to pay for a license after forking over money for the last 25 years. wallbash.gif

I'm crazy and I'll be the first to admit it. Wonder if they'll refund all the fees I've paid if I tell them I'm of my rocker ?

Now you tell me I may not have to pay for a license after forking over money for the last 25 years. wallbash.gif

I'm crazy and I'll be the first to admit it. Wonder if they'll refund all the fees I've paid if I tell them I'm of my rocker ?

I use to work with a guy on the RR...Freddy had spent time in the nut house and use to say "I have papers stating I'm no longer insane, what do you have".

omg, I broke my leg a few years back, walk with a bit of a limp sometimes, sometimes its sore.. limp.. do I need a boat license? omg, how is this possible.. your in a car, a idiot,demented..a handicap, do you need a drivers license? I feel everyone behing a motorized machine that moves with speed, on gas or electric needs a license..esp when they are on waters.in .on roads with other boats.cars.trucks around them.... just to know the rules. heck, anyone can drive a car or a boat, but do you know the rules of the water or road??