Sign in to follow this  
Syn

Berkley Braid knot wins

Looks like I've got another knot to learn. The fish n fool knot was good, but I didn't think that it deserved a name like that. The guy just also went all over the internet to (brag?).

I'm looking forward to seeing the line to line knot wars. I only know how to tie uni to uni, but there has to be a knot with better strength and lower profile.

Looks like I've got another knot to learn. The fish n fool knot was good, but I didn't think that it deserved a name like that. The guy just also went all over the internet to (brag?).

I'm looking forward to seeing the line to line knot wars. I only know how to tie uni to uni, but there has to be a knot with better strength and lower profile.

That would be the Modified Albright knot. Although it won over the uni to uni, It looks a bit finicky to tie, http://www.fishingcl...wars-episode-13

Not sure if it is a lower profile knot compared to the uni to uni. They look about the same to me.

I wonder how the knot strength compares when using lines of differing physical diameters like say 80 lb braid to 80 lb flouro. I researched it further and found that because of the line diameter differences using heavy lines fishermen are first tying a bimini knot http://www.wonderhow...ng-knot-348148/ then the modified albright

Edited by Syn