jigging lakers

limeyangler

hi all,

had a few hours spare yesterday...went jigging for lakers.

Not a very big lake, but deep.

Surprisingly the water temps were up considerably....66- 68F

Most of the trout went to a plain old jig and minnow in 30' - 35'FOW

And once i found some walleye they wer between 50' and 60' FOW.

Seems like a theme so far this year both open water and on the ice as far as walleye go.....GO DEEP!

here's some video of yesterday afternoon

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was thinkin' sauger when you said how deep it was, but it clearly was not. :thumbsup_anim:

Every time I watch one of your videos, in the back of my mind I see you stopping for tea in the middle of a hot bite. :thumbsup_anim:

Has the topic of how you hold/ mount the video camera while you reel a fish in been discussed previously? I appreciate the time you take to film and post your reports.

I was thinkin' sauger when you said how deep it was, but it clearly was not. :thumbsup_anim:

Every time I watch one of your videos, in the back of my mind I see you stopping for tea in the middle of a hot bite. :thumbsup_anim:

Has the topic of how you hold/ mount the video camera while you reel a fish in been discussed previously? I appreciate the time you take to film and post your reports.

Thanks KF, Yup...the camera holding thing has come up before......no fancy tricks....just manipulation of my digits despite their ever decreasing dexterity.....getting old you see.....lol.

here's the not so tripod camera style

th_reelcam.jpg

Thats a good video thanks for posting. I'm getting into jigging by the boat and its interesting how much they hug the bottom like that.

Yup....had some big ones off the bottom too before.

Great vid! It was really cool to see the fish come up and grab that lure on the Lowrance!

Thats exactly why i like straight jigging, love X-Box fishing...lol. Its like ice fishing in summer!

Awesome vid Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Looking at that fish finder footage brings back a flood of memories at how frustrating my ice season for lakers was...In my case, they rose up off the bottom but turned back down without hitting X 100 :wallbash: